276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Chasing Daisy: Paige Toon

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It was also well written, though I think that her writing could still be improved at some points. There were just a couple of sentences that would’ve sounded a lot better, and would’ve made the whole reading experience a little better, if they had been rephrased in the editing process. But this book was published almost 10 years ago and it was one of the first ever books Paige Toon published, so I’m sure that has improved since then and I’ll make sure to read one of her more recent books as soon as possible to find out if I’m right in assuming that. What’ll we do with ourselves this afternoon,’ cried Daisy, ‘and the day after that, and the next thirty years?'”

From Brazil to Italy, from Melbourne to Monte Carlo, life passes in a dizzying whirlwind. But nothing – and no one – can stop Daisy from falling again… this time for a man who is prepared to risk his life, and his heart, for the sake of speed, danger and ultimate success. Second, I absolutely hate infidelity. I was wary when I read about Daisy and Will. Daisy knew she shouldn't go for Will because he had a girlfriend and she repeatedly told herself that, but she still continued on anyway. Then, she disapproved of Holly having an affair with Simon. Daisy was very immature, hypocritical, and just plain annoying. She was upset at Holly for keeping her affair a secret even though she didn’t tell Holly her secret about Johnny Jefferson also? In two weeks it’ll be the longest day in the year….Do you always watch for the longest day of the year and then miss it? I always watch for the longest day in the year and then miss it.”Daisy. She was SUCH a bitch for most of the book! How Luis fell in love with her and wanted to be with her is beyond me. She treated him like crap most of the book and the way that she would fawn over Will was just silly (not in a good way). One fact about me that often surprises people is that I am a big Formula 1 fan. The sport just really fascinates me and race weekends are my favorite weekends of the year. Also, I really hope I’ll one day be able to attend one of the races instead of only being able to watch from in front of my TV. I have to admit I didn’t warm to Will at first, the guy Daisy falls hopelessly in love with, but as Daisy and he got chatting more I found him an OK character. I loved Luis, from his opening exchange with Daisy to the very end, I couldn’t wait for the scenes between him and Daisy. As Daisy’s Nonna said, I though Luis better suited her than Will… I won’t tell you who Daisy does eventually end up in I’ll only say it’s a corker! Chasing Daisy is Paige Toon’s third novel and is just as good as Lucy In The Sky and Johnny Be Good. Arguably it’s better but since I’d read all three again and again and again and never get bored I can’t really say that! The story is of Daisy, whom we have met before in Johnny Be Good, but she was in a different guise. She is a front-of-house girl for an F1 team and gets to travel the world for free. Trouble is she isn’t totally over her famous ex, who broke her heart, and she’s just fallen head over heels in love with someone else… someone who puts his life on the line every time he goes to work – an F1 driver.

He couldn’t possibly leave Daisy until he knew what she was going to do. He was clutching at some last hope and I couldn’t bear to shake him free.” Daisy's family are rich and a little strange but I love her grandma she is such a highlight and how she views Luis and Will makes me love her even more he's much better suited to you than the other one. It's a shame Will had to die for Daisy to see how Luis feels for her. The prologue tells Daisy’s first encounter with Luis and their quarrel. Daisy feels Luis almost run over her car, while Luis thinks Daisy is an incompetent driver and almost scratches his expensive car. Life can be snatched away from you in an instant, but if you don´t give yourself up to love, even with all the risks of losing it, life isn´t worth living.” Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide.

I guessed Daisy's famous ex was Johnny it was good to read about him from another person's perspective other than meg' s. I like how Luis works all this out not Will.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment