276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Balvenie Caribbean Cask Aged 14 Years Single Malt Scotch, 70cl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When it comes to food pairings for Balvenie Caribbean Cask and Doublewood, the possibilities are endless. A great pairing will bring out the best in both the whisky and the food, creating an unbeatable taste experience. Dark chocolate Cake

Balvenie 14 Year Old Peated Triple Cask được rất nhiều người yêu thích Nên mua rượu Balvenie 14 ở đâu? Balvenie 14 year old Caribbean Cask gave me mixed emotions with it's rum-like dryness and sweetness. It was like a roller coaster ride of good and not that good aromas and taste. Few days before tasting Balvenie's 14 year old Caribbean Cask, I had tried a sample of Ron Matusalem 15 year old Gran Reserva rum. The tastes of these two were very similar so I have to say that the rum influence is obvious in the Caribbean Cask. Sweet and rich dark plum notes surround gentle caresses of vanilla and cinnamon. Raw sugar cane adds sweetness to the whole ordeal. Wonderful nose. Or if you are looking for something a bit more savoury try a creamy brie? Or maybe even a Camembert? Creamy Brie Nose: Initially I’m getting a lot of fruit, plums, raisins, bananas, oranges, sultanas and sour apple. There is a decent amount of oak floating around. As well as an off putting varnish type aroma, which I always seem to notice in rum. With water some light floral notes appear. As it continues to open up the sweeter vanilla and caramel show up but I still found this to a more fruit heavy bouquet.

The nose has a scent of rum, unmistakenly and not very surprising. Malt sweetness and I also get a whiff of Oloroso (which is strange as I believe this is only bourbon cask and rum cask, but it's there anyway). Papaya... some Tropicana and wet dark ebony wood. Some roasted/toasted elements in there, can't really pinpoint it. Bit of dark marmalade seems to be a common thread in the Balvenie for me. The Balvenie Caribbean Cask and Doublewood are two of the finest whiskies produced by Balvenie. The Caribbean Cask is a 14-year-aged single malt whisky that has been finished in rum casks which have previously held a variety of Caribbean rums. This process imparts a rich, tropical flavor profile to the whisky, with notes of vanilla, coconut, and dried fruit. Meanwhile, the Doublewood is a 12-year-old single malt whisky which has also been aged in both traditional oak barrels and sherry casks. The resulting whiskey is full of flavours of honeyed sweetness, spice, vanilla and oranges. Both are single malt Scotch whiskies with unique flavour profiles that make them stand out from other brands. In this article, I will be taking an in-depth look into both types of whisky and determining which one is the better choice for those looking for a quality dram. By exploring the tasting notes, production process, and price point of each bottle, I hope to provide readers with enough information to make an educated decision when selecting between these two amazing spirits. To create the ideal finish Malt Master David C. Stewart MBE filled American oak casks with his own blend of select West Indian rums.

Balvenie Caribbean Cask is a highly flavourful whisky with a unique taste profile. It starts with succulent notes of vanilla, followed by bright and juicy flavours of apple and mango that are complimented perfectly by the subtle hint of orange. This whisky has a smooth and creamy mouthfeel, which complements its complex flavour palette. The finish is marked by a pleasant sweetness that lingers on the tongue. Nose2: Richer but still light. It has a touch more butter than before, now sitting on wheat bread. I can imagine this buttered bread slice has a very light honey on it-- However, I still find that sweet element closer to sugarcane than honey. Probing further, the fruit is now a red apple slice.

Khách hàng đánh giá

I've had Balvenie 14 Caribbean Cask finish from a variety of sources, including a full bottle, which I did not previously review. The current review is being made primarily from a sample provided thanks to @ jonathan. This is a whisky finished in Rum casks The Balvenie Doublewood 12 was my introduction to the world of whisky – so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Plus, its versatility makes it an excellent choice for almost any occasion or celebration — ranging from casual drinking nights with friends to intimate dinner parties. In terms of mouthfeel, both whiskies have a smooth, creamy texture that complements their respective flavours beautifully. The Caribbean Cask provides warmth and sweetness that lingers on your tongue while enjoying its complexity; in contrast, drinking the Doublewood brings out its signature sweetness that leaves you wanting more!

I would call The Caribbean offering by Balvenie more or less an "accent bottle." In my cabinet, I tend to keep four scotch bottles open: one sherry cask, one smoky-peaty, one savory, and an accent.Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment