276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nitecore NU25 Head Torch - 360 Lumen USB Rechargeable Headlamp – Lightweight Waterproof Head Torch with Red Light

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Ultimately I don’t think this is a deal breaker, but I’d defy anyone to be able to consistently turn it on to the mode & output you desire without getting it to do something you didn’t mean too. The battery is 650mAh in-built Li-ion, broadly equivalent to the power/runtime of a 14500 Li-ion cell. But being in-built the battery can be of a different shape, allowing the NU25 UL to be much smaller than it would be if it had used a 14500. The new NU25 has an integrated 650 mAh lithium-ion battery that is charged via the USB-C charging port on the side of the torch. Reveal the port by lifting the dust cover and then simply plug the included USB-C cable into the charging port and the other end into a suitable USB power source. The charging indicators on the top will flash in turn before becoming solid, and once all four indicators are solid after approx. 1 hour, 25 minutes the charging will be complete. Note: most of the following review was copied from the Nitecore NU25 review, which is the same headlamp except for the head strap. There is also a dual red LED mode too as well as some hidden blinky modes using either the red LEDs or the white ones.

Note: *Only stays in high mode for 30 seconds before dropping down due to overheat protection, therefore this run-time is not based on constant use at full output. The high can be accessed again after it drops down, but if the NU25 becomes overheated it will stay in the lower output until the torch cools. My Opple light meter confirms the dual white LEDs have a CCT (k) value of 5409 and an Ra of 70.2, while the red LEDs have a 5002 CCT(k).

We are delighted to announce that Fuzhao Xiang and Rongrong Chen join the NITECORE family as our new NITECORE ambassadors. Both of them are professional trail runners as they are always full of expectation on the trail races, and keep striving for better achievement. In the future, we will help and support them with our excellent products, taking them to the next level.

The headband itself is very minimal, using a double elastic cord. This does keep the weight down, although I did find that on my hair (which is fairly long), that it did want to slip a bit. Tested to ANSI/NEMA FL1 standards with the integrated battery fully charged in laboratory conditions. End user results may vary due to individual usage habits and environmental conditions. If I have any complaints with the NU25 UL it is the User Interface. You have two buttons to interact with, both located on top of the unit. One says Power, the other Mode. Which in principle sounds completely rational. The SHOT Show 2023 is held in Las Vegas, USA, on January 7th-20th. This grand tradeshow is an annual event for professionals in the shooting, hunting and outdoor industry, featuring firearms, ammunition, law enforcement, outdoor clothing, lighting and other related products and services. Sadly there is no mention of CRI nor much info on the optics. The flood is claimed to be 100 degrees but I couldn’t find info on the spot beam. However, visually one can clearly see a difference between the two beam profiles.The head strap is ergonomically designed and is comfortable and secure in its hold. Also adding to the convenience is the rechargeable battery. So there is no need to worry about having to change batteries or it running out of life in the middle of an excursion. It comes with the charger included. The battery cover is on the “downward” side, and covered with a fit piece of rubber, so no big worries about moisture getting in. Its ability to angle, and adjustable brightness that could throw light up to 88 yards, kept everything visible and clear.

The popular Nitecore NU25 rechargeable head torch has been updated to the New version, now offering a spot LED and a flood LED that can be used individually or combined, as well as still keeping the secondary red light output as before. Two smaller red LEDs sit in the centre and provide constant red or red flashing outputs, which preserves your night vision and is good for wildlife observation, astronomy and night photography. On February 10th-12th, 2023, ISPO Beijing is held at the China National Convention Center in Beijing. It has been 4 years since the last ISPO Beijing and has also been actively supported by a large number of outdoor enthusiasts. We are delighted to announce that Scotty Hawker joins the NITECORE family as a new NITECORE ambassador in 2022. In the future, we will help and support him with our excellent products, taking him to the next level. There are no metal parts on the Nitecore NU25 UL, this is deliberate to keep the weight down. It appears to be mostly made of some kind of ABS plastic. It feels both durable and high quality. I have no concerns over the build quality, fit and finish appears to be superb.The world’s largest Outdoor Hunting Products Exhibition – IWA Outdoor Classics 2023 is held in Nuremberg from March 2nd to 5th. As one of the world’s top tactical, hunting, outdoor and personal protective equipment trade fair, IWA shows the most dazzling and coolest tactical equipment and the world’s top equipment brands. At the same time, IWA is also a “paradise” for all kinds of fans of hunting and outdoor sports.

As there are so many different LED and output combos on the Nitecore NU25 UL, I decided to simply measure the highest output using the combo beam. This is probably the best all-round headlamp I’ve ever used. My older headlamps are either too large, too heavy, aren’t rechargeable or are very expensive. So why the Nitecore NU25 headlamp? The high combined white light provides a maximum output of 400 lumens from a the spot + flood LED with a colour temperature 5500 K, which will run for 30 seconds before stepping down due to the temperature regulation. Utilising a unibody optical lens system for a high light transmission of 94%, the new NU25 is specifically designed for reflecting a uniform and soft light that provides over a 100° beam angle in the flood or mixed mode which is ideal for night running and path finding. Two push buttons are located on top of the NU25, a larger power button and a smaller mode button. The power button turns the light on/off and changes the brightness level. To access the white light hold the power button for one second, and it will turn on in the spot + flood low mixed mode. Each press of the power button will then cycle through low, mid and high in the mixed mode. To change from the mixed mode, press the smaller mode button with the light on to cycle through mix, spot, flood and red. In spot or flood the mode button will change between low or mid, and in red the mode button will change between constant red or flashing red. The flood ultralow brightness level is accessed by double pressing the power button when the light is off.

Overview

Camera settings and distance: Canon EOS 200D – Canon 18-55mm EFS IS – 2”/F6.3/ISO 400/WB 5200k “Daylight” On July 7, 2023, NITECORE has officially become the designated headlamp sponsor for the Hong Kong TransLantau™ by UTMB®. As part of the partnership, NITECORE will bring its cutting-edge innovations to support the event and to help runners perform at their best. The Red LEDs are also not specified on what brand they are, however they also have their own smaller optics and appear to be modern LEDs rather than the old 5mm style ones.The red beam is bright enough to be highly useful too. You can either have one LED or the other in use or both together. In all modes you also have differing output modes. This makes the headlight very versatile and gives the user easy ways to extend runtimes. Although maybe at the sacrifice of introducing a fairly complex and confusing user interface.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment