276°
Posted 20 hours ago

4711 Original Eau De Cologne 300ml

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Those complaining about 4711's longevity need to cultivate a better understanding of the history and usage of Eaux de Cologne. Anyone who chooses this perfume knows what to expect because the secret of the 4711 recipe has remained unchanged since the 19th century. was a household staple in my family -- it was a foregone conclusion that, when my grandparents visited Europe, they would be bringing back little bottles of 4711 as gifts (with the soaps to match).

Forever etched in my senses as the perfume my Oma loved for the entirety of her life, so I love it for those nostalgic memories of her. You kinda have to take into consideration that this is a very dated scent, so although it may objectively smell good, it's a smell you would associate with such things as air fresheners. Smells similar to Tom Ford Neroli Portofino but much cheaper (but doesn't last as long, have as good projection, or have the same depth). What I want when the weather is oppressively humid or hot, when I have olfactory fatigue, or when my tummy hurts! We are talking about women who lived through or were born during the war so nothing would be wasted.

Having compared them side by side, there are *slight* differences; the vintage presents more of the rosemary and lavender elements of the scent, while the modern formulation seems to push the citrus and neroli to the fore. As others have mentioned, it's not super potent, and, IMO, it has better longevity in the summer than winter. connects with a tradition that, in our present-day of alternative, natural therapies, seems just as relevant as in 1792 when it was first brought to the world.

Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. It's an established Eau de Cologne since generations and when I smell it I just know it's 4711 unmistakably. Neroli and petitgrain provide a gentle foundation, an homage to the fragrant orchards that line the coast. It's very sharp and tart for a few seconds and then fades off to a pleasant near-nothingness, so wearing this as a traditional cologne is sort of futile.IDK the history of perfume, but I'd imagine that scents were worn more heavy in the 16th C than in the 17th C when people began to bathe. In the second address book of Cologne (1797), the widow of Wilhelm von Lemmen was still listed as the tenant of the Klöckergasse house, which had been given the number 4711. On 3 October 1794, in view of the French troops standing just outside Cologne, the city council approved a plan proposed by the guard-committee to number all houses in the city without exception and to install what would be considered appropriate lighting for each location. But all I can tell is that people often compare this one to Przemysławka eau de cologne from Poland. Ahora en cuanto a duracion no esperes mas alla de 15 - 30 minutos de duracion es solo una colonia muy antigua y primitiva, por lo tanto no tiene duracion potencial, pero hay que comprender que la casa perfumera tenia intenciones de hacerla como la original, y en 1799 aun los perfumes no duraban casi nada, para esa epoca si ponemos en contexto debe de haber sido algo magnifico, pero para nuestra epoca ya no tanto hablando de duracion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment