276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samson SR850 Traditional Wired Headphones, Black m

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They are not a step down from earphones though and I owned a pair of cheap but really good Panasonics. On the other hand, the 850 is crisper, livelier, and more comfortable, but has the treble peak issue. My pair arrived in their retail box, which was kind of surprising as the box wasn't even sealed. Thankfully the headphones were undamaged and they appear to be brand new, although I honestly wouldn't care if they were used since they look fine. Comfort isn’t terrible, but you’ll be making adjustments with these. The ear cups are shallow and tend to dig after a while because your ears are basically touching the drivers.

Build quality. It’s impressive for such a lightweight can. I feel like these can take a bit more abuse than your average Joe. At this price range I don't think there exists an outright better product when it comes to sound quality. However ,it definitely needs equalizer. When I play songs I already have the files-- mp3 or flacs ,my main music player is jet audio. I tune down my phone system sound preset to the second most bass heavy or third most bass heavy and it would sound wonderful for a more rich and detailed music..those with clear acoustic and percussions...the same do not necessarily well for metal genre for example. If I have to play from youtube or spotify,then I have to use the most bass heavy preset in my system sound. I'm not talking about custom presets here but the presets already stored are enough honestly. But, I feel like you need to change up a bit depending upon the songs you listen to ,to get the best out of it. Sibilants T and S will sure be a problem with these headphones, and we suggest either EQing them or trying a paper towel modification. Build quality 2.5 Aside from this, the SR850 set goes more into high-ends. Sub-bass territories are kind of “cut off” and the response is mostly flat in bass and mid areas. They still manage to sound pretty great, at least for their price level. At the cost, I did not expect much about the SR850’s build and material quality. However, they are good and should last longer with proper care. The headphone is made almost out of plastic. The plastic quality is very low but they have surprisingly gone a few months without breaking. Speaking of breaking headphones, if you are someone who keeps breaking their headphones, we have an article here for someone like you.Once in a while, a headphone comes along that costs minimal but hits way way way above its weight and into the realm of some much pricier competition. In this case, we have the SR-850 which has been “2p modded” and “cup clearance” to produce impressive open sound for audiophiles on a budget. The overall build and make of these headphones feels rather cheap. The plastic is very thin and flimsy, and the ear cup padding seems likely to rip. No problems here at all other than, as mentioned, ears tend to get a little hot from prolonged use. The Samson uses a full vinyl headband instead of the wings used by the OEM Superlux's and benefits extensively from this, adding both stability and comfort. Sound Quality Both require EQ for the treble. HD668B is more timbre accurate and natural after EQ than both SR and HD681, especially on acoustic instruments.

Steinheisers sound way better and even the high-end Sony ones, but they cost 10x so yeah for under 5k I guess these are the best ones(and aren't tweaked in any way). There also don't sound dim like the Audio Technica sound products (which I have owned previously). They though are quite good in that you can clearly hear each instrument in the music. Recordemos que los Samson son unos Superlux con un chasis ligeramente distinto, dicho ésto paso a comentar en qué se diferencian y porqué los 668b son superiores a los SR850. En los SR850 los graves son más retumbones debido a una mala gestión de la cápsula del modelo original (668b), el transductor (altavoz) es el mismo, pero parece que nuestros colegas de Samson han tocado donde no debían. El que los graves sean más retumbones se traduce a más distorsión armónica en todas las frecuencias, lo que nos roba detalle. Los medios, por el fenómeno anteriormente descrito, les falta presencia y claridad, es como que se les echa en falta que realmente estén ahí. Me imagino que ya os podréis imagina qué pasa con los agudos, y no es otra cosa que la consecuente pérdida inevitable por la distorsión del conjunto. With lower-end stuff like the 850, you’re really not missing that much and in fact, the sound is strikingly similar to some of the mid-fi gear that I’ve gotten a chance to demo or own. CASHLESS & UNLIMITED REPAIRS: You DON’T PAY for any spare parts, labour or transportation charges. Unlimited repairs up to the invoice value of the device.We have headphones that clamp just tight enough over your ears. But they’re not unbearable even after long sessions. This is not something that you find that often with budget-friendly studio headphones. Comfort is one of their stronger sides. Comfort: AKG K240 With that in mind, we can confidently say that Samson SR850 are more than worth the price. Honestly, we’re yet to find a pair within this price range that competes with them. They’re comfortable, they have a decent build quality, and they sound pretty great. What more do you need? Price & Value For Money: AKG K240 Compared to Samson’s SR850, AKG K240 headphones are more “balanced” over the audible spectrum. It’s not like the SR850 is bad, but we’d rather recommend K240 over them. When it comes to treble, let’s just say that these headphones are… wonky. The entire region is exaggerated, making the low-highs sound harsh and the mid-highs piercing. HD668B scale up a bit better with amplification, while the 681 and SR headphones don't improve as much.

Before you do that though, the best piece of advice I can give is to try and get to know how your headphones sound. Learn their positive and negative points. Find how they balance when playing particular genres of music. Knowing your equipment is the best way to find your own sound. If you're a jazz&classical fan, the HD668B will have a slight edge. If you're more into modern music, the SR might be a better fit.

Comparison Table

Standard fare here comes in a retail box with good graphics and info on it, completely inoffensive cheap and to be honest a tad boring. Accessories

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment