276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO Open Dynamic Studio 250 Ohm Headphones

£62.5£125.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The DT 990 PRO is an open dynamic headphone of exceptional quality suitable for the most demanding professional and audiophile applications. The reduced weight of the diaphragm and moving coil result in a similar pulse characteristic as electrostatic headphones, and in combination with a carefully tailored frequency response offer a natural and balanced sound. Soft ear pads and adjustable, sliding, earpieces together with a very flexible coiled cable ensure listening comfort during extended periods of use. Here's What Beyerdynamic Say About the DT990 PRO Headphones Features While the 990's are really similar, they are tighter on the ears, and I don't like that at all, but they are still quite comfortable. The DT 990 Edition headphones for use at home and the DT 990 PRO studio headphones: Soundwise, both models are identical as they feature identically designed acoustic transducers.

I used the LP-phone-amp-g103 to drive all of these headphones so there shouldn't be any issues with the amp. There are fundamentally two differences between the models. Firstly, the Edition models have a softer headband for enjoying music at home whereas the PRO headset has a slightly firmer fit. Secondly, the Edition models come equipped with a straight cable whereas the PRO models come with a coiled cable. Made InGermany The DT 1770/1990 PRO was developed for sound engineers, producers and musicians looking for a pair of high-end studio headphones with uncompromising performance in all relevant aspects such as sound, design, comfort and accessoires. +What is the difference between DT 1990 PRO and Amiron home?And well they do. I use them daily for the computer usage I described earlier. For a while I took them to school which they handled perfectly. They're sturdy with a metal frame but just light enough that long time wearing is still comfortable. DT990 Pro revealed its full glory in this test. Horizontal and vertical space became filled with the joy of good sound. Of course, high frequencies are in front too. DT990 has simply too much of it. But at least it didn't hurt my ears. The hd-650 sounded like the 990's if someone put an equalizer on them that turned down every frequency past 3khz down 3-6db. The PRO models (DT 770 PRO, DT 880 PRO, DT 990 PRO) are designed for professional applications, e.g. in the recording studio. The Edition models are suitable for use at home on the stereo system. Comfort: 5 stars - Pretty fluffy ear cups. I wear glasses and my deal breaker is that the headphones do not press my ears too hard against the frame of the glasses. I do however fear that during summer the ear cups will be a bit too warm.

My other impression was that I don't hear any more stereo space in these headphones than in DT770, which is ridiculous as 770 are closed and 990 are open. I should be able to hear a huge difference.

Customers Also Purchased

I've had quite a few headphones over the years for computer usage (Netflix, Youtube and gaming and of course since this year Zoom calls). When my last pair broke because of poor building quality I just decided I needed a more decent pair. Also I wanted to use them for more quiet bass sessions. I never had a pair that could actually handle the sound of my bass well. So I figured, Studio headphones should do. As with all beyerdynamic professional studio headphones, the DT 990 PRO headphones are handcrafted in Germany. The materials and component parts used are made by hand and can be replaced if necessary. Specifications

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment