276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Topping E50 MQA Full DAC ES9068AS XU216 32Bit/768kHz DSD512 PCM768kHz Decoder RCA TRS Ultra Low Noise Preamp (Black)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The top end is crisp and clean, vocal sibilance only present when it's in the recording. Cymbals seem slightly more polished and bright. Again, the valves are more forgiving of crap recordings, which doesn't make it right, but it does mean your music collection doesn't hinge around audiophool recordings. During use, the PA5 runs fairly cool and produces no physical noise. However, the instructions warn that the two negative speaker terminals should not be connected together; otherwise, damage might occur. Measured distortion remains low up to about 50W of output, then increases considerably – so it's best used with reasonably efficient loudspeakers. Input sensitivity is given as 2.6V, which is about average for a power amp. THE LISTENING The little E50 is based around the ESS ES6068AS DAC chip, which includes MQA decoding. This handles PCM from 44.1kHz to 768kHz, in 16- or 32-bit resolution, plus DSD up to DSD512 spec (native) and up to DSD256 (DoP). It has an automatic on and off mode, so sleeps after one minute of no signal being detected and then powers up again when one is found. Its digital volume control means it can be used as a preamp but can also be set to output line level where no needless attenuation is applied. Literally nothing to tell. It sounds entirely transparent and thus, boring if you want character. My valve amps are not very valvey by the standards of the breed, but switching the Klipsch Fortes between full range and bass managed always made for a softer bottom end.

|Headphones: Sennheiser HD660S2 | HIFIMAN Sundara | AirPods Pro 2 | Audio Technica ATH-M50X | AKG K371 | Sennheiser HD380 Pro Topping E50 supports an automatic on/off function, it automatically turns on and is set to the input where a valid signal is found. When no signal is provided for about a minute, the E50 turns off automatically. If your gain is such that you can create a peak of 100dB SPL through your speakers and yet your noise floor is below -100dB, it will be inaudible. I also own a Topping D10 MkI and I plugged it in a couple of days ago. And here is what I get with both: The E50 has all the commonly used inputsUSB, optical and coaxial and can either be powered by a USB Charger type power supply or direct from your computer with the cable (supplied). The E50 can by used as a semi portable product for when you are on the move and need something a little better in your hotel room / office etc.These headphones present an accurate image of your music than ordinary headphones, allowing you to hear every nuance and aspect of your music. Therefore, having a good set of studio headphones is just as important as any other gear in your studio.

E50 uses the latest high-performance DAC chip ES9068AS. Our excellence in design and engineering provides realistic and transparent sound quality. Toppng PA5, Onkyo TX RZ810, Topping D10Balanced, Topping E30, Drop THX789, HE 400i, HarmonicDyne Helios. Hi @Tinman1952 , no I haven't... I keep reading it makes no difference or very little difference. I'm inclined to believe it does something, the same way dacs don't all sound the same. But is it audible for the human ear. Apparently Supra power cords claims the noice is much lower, hence you hear more details.plastic penguin I wasn't even aware they made DACs, probably because I though of them as CD players. I bet they are excellent but the cheapest USB one is around €1900. For that sort of money I suddenly don't have that big of a problem with my current dacs And for quite a bit less money I would just go with an Ares II or something like that. To return your product, you should mail your product to: 4F 405, Building F, No.2 Shangxue Science and Technology North, Bantian Street, Longgang Dist, ShenZhen, 518129 Guangdong, China An avid audiophile for many decades, Jimmy has been writing about hi-fi since 1980 in a host of British magazines, from What Hi-Fi to Hi-Fi Choice. Based in London, England, he’s one of the UK’s most prolific record and CD collectors – no streaming service can yet match his amazing music collection! What is notable with everybody out and everything else in the house off, is how far down you can hear the decay of a note on the PA5, my hearing's noise floor being the limit. Even the turntable sounds darker down there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment