276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Playmobil 70827 Volkswagen Beetle, Yellow Family Car, Special Edition for Fans and Collectors, For Ages 5-99, Fun Imaginative Role-Play, PlaySets Suitable for Children Ages 4+

£11.97£23.94Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First off, the first and the original, which already sits in our house. An iconic design in an equally iconic shade of red. Great for play, great for just having on display. Want more? There’s a limited edition of this one, too. The Volkswagen Beetle – Special Edition follows on from the special edition of the van with a new colour (yellow), chrome detailing, a new driver and new accessories. Again, a lovely reproduction and in that lovely shade of blue. Looking more closely, you get the curved bumpers, the VW logo, the rear boot with a 4-cylinder boxer engine and, as you would expect, all the internal detailing too. There’s also the family and everything they need for a holiday.

Oh, this one is so pricey. But it’s also amazing in so many ways. if you love the original series Star Trek, you will want this. Fancy creating a midcentury modern pad? You could buy one or you could try and create something in miniature, using this house as a basis. In a way, you could just reread what I’ve written about the bus. Well, apart from the detailing. It’s a classic VW and, as such, likely to have appeal to young and old. Playmobil has announced two special edition Volkswagen additions to its range for 2021. The limited edition 70826 Volkswagen T1 Camping Bus and 70827 Volkswagen Beetle will come with a fresh new look and extra features.The new lines will be available in July, and both iconic vehicles will feature chrome effect detailing, giving a premium look and finish. Each vehicle will include an individual serial number from a limited production run, making them a must have for fans and collectors. A Mercedes-Benz 300 SL set in sporty style and with iconic gulping doors. Create your own 1950s racing scene, or just have fun with a VERY cool car. It might be for children, but the company seems to be trying to tempt adults in too right now. This is why I’ve put together my 10 of the best retro Playmobil toys and sets.

But of late, Playmobil (not unlike Lego) seems to have gone after a new market. The adult market. Presumably, knowing that nostalgia sells and noticing the popularity of displaying Lego models around the house, the company has been producing some fascinating designs of late. Many with reference points that will be completely lost on kids. So with that in mind, I thought I would put together a top 10 interesting retro designs. Note that, like Lego, sets are discontinued, So if you want something, don’t expect it to be here forever. I’m gutted I missed out on the modern house (which you can see in this design round-up), but there are other interesting houses still available for children. When it was unveiled at the International Motor Sports Show in New York in 1954, the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL was considered the fastest sports car of its time, reaching top speeds of 228 mph. And it had the look to match.Not just that, you get its extensive interior equipment with a monitor, welding machine, operation boards, cabinet and perforated wall for various accessories. There are also roof inserts that can be removed for easier play, as well as the option of opening the side door and tailgate. Fast forward a few decades and Playmobil has come along so much with some amazing sets available for children to play and enjoy. These are the perfect toys for creative children with good imaginations, who can immerse themselves in play and get lost in their own adventure. So what’s new? I have two fairly young children, and both create little worlds with their characters and vehicles, acting out their own scenarios over and over. It’s probably the best value I have had with any toys, even when I have dug deep for some of the houses. The two special edition Volkswagen vehicles will include an individual serial number from a limited production run.

But for adults (and kids – my daughter has already asked for one of these for Christmas), there are some wonderful pieces on the shelves right now. Love VW? Of course you do. We all do. So you might want this amazing Volkswagen T1 Camping Bus in your life. Actually, you get to choose between two designs. The set includes Michael Knight, Devon and Bonnie and highly detailed accessories such as Bonnie Barstow’s computer lab and Devon Miles’ office furniture. My daughter has no idea who or what the A-Team are. Yet this is on her Christmas list. As a price of fun for today’s kids, it works. But it comes into its own as a piece of 1980s nostalgia.

Yes, another 1980s reboot makes its way to Playmobil. And I’ll be honest, this one is clearly my favourite. Whether kids go for a man in a Bermuda shirt with a large moustache is another thing altogether. For more on Playmobil’s ranges for 2021, see the in depth interview which ran in the March edition of Toy World. It’s not as impressive as the one I mentioned at the start of the article. But it isn’t far off. There’s still a strong 1960s modernist vibe going on here.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment