276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cats Rule the Earth Tarot: 78-Card Deck and Guidebook for the Feline-Obsessed

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s one of the best books I’ve read that comes with a deck; often these included books leave me more confused about how to read the cards than I was when I started. WIRED may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. There's also advice on how to interpret the spread—not just the individual cards themselves but how they work as a group, the qualities they share, and their differences.

The Pages court card, for example, represents a young person with childlike qualities, such as curiosity and joy. The drawings are so good I've considered getting a second deck so I can frame a few in my cat corner—the part of my living room where the litter box sits is adorned in cat-related art. This 78-card tarot deck and guidebook is cat themed, combining ancient mysticism with feline illustrationsThis tarot deck and guidebook set is ideal for anyone seeking the knowledge and skills needed to learn the ancient art of tarot.The breakthroughs and innovations that we uncover lead to new ways of thinking, new connections, and new industries. It is the essential source of information and ideas that make sense of a world in constant transformation. Tarot might help you see a certain situation in your life a little differently; it's not too different from meditation. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. I've also spent nearly all of my years obsessed with witches in pop culture— Practical Magic and The Craft were on constant replay in my house.

Sometimes I find modern interpretations of tarot cards to stray too far from the original and, as someone still trying to learn what the cards mean, it can get confusing. Tarot doesn't predict the future, and if you get a reading by someone who tells you otherwise, they're just in it for the con. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.Cats Rule the Earth Tarot goes deeper than simply presenting the meaning of each card-it equips the reader with a historical understanding of tarot, how to interpret and apply each card drawn and methods of conducting readings for yourself, friends, or family. From welcoming new beginnings with the Ace of Cups to facing a new guiding presence in your life with the Hierophant, each card you draw holds the power to reveal hidden truths and guide you through the unexpected events of daily life.

You'll find explanations of all 78 cards that are brief enough to understand quickly with enough room for your own interpretations. The guidebook also includes helpful pages on getting to know tarot, and Davidson breaks down the Major and Minor Arcana (what makes up any tarot deck) and what the numbers and court cards might signify. Tarot traditions say you should spend a lot of time with your deck for it to work well for you, so it makes sense to invest in decks that tickle your fancy, right?Prior to WIRED, she was an assistant editor at Wirecutter and an assistant in the newsroom of The New York Times. I like that the guidebook touches on the best practices for preparing to read and reading tarot, and also includes four examples of spreads to try, such as the Cat's Paw five-card spread. The WIRED conversation illuminates how technology is changing every aspect of our lives—from culture to business, science to design.

The cards are the draw here, but I was pleasantly surprised with the included guidebook written by Catherine Davidson. Experienced tarot readers likely have a deeper understanding than this book offers, but for those of us who need a little guidance, it's excellent. Cats are, naturally, the next logical step for my collection, and none have quite caught my eye like this one. Even if you don't know the first thing about tarot, you can still appreciate the stunning feline illustrations in this deck, all done by Thiago Corrêa. There are ones themed around movies, decks with modern art, and even a Victorian-themed flora and animal deck.The death card, for example, rarely refers to physical death, but you can take it to mean the end of a certain something—a job or a relationship. Death is represented by a cat skull; the Chariot is a cat in a wheelchair; and the Devil is a sphynx in a chain collar. Cats Rule the Earth Tarot goes deeper than simply presenting the meaning of each card―it equips the reader with a historical understanding of tarot, how to interpret and apply each card drawn and methods of conducting readings for yourself, friends, or family. Offering a fun clever take on the usual tarot deck, Cats Rule the Earth Tarot creatively reinvents the traditional cards with modern, quirky cat illustrations. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment