276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gabriela Sabatini Gabriela Sabatini Eau De Toilette 60 ml (Woman)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sabatini won the title at the Sydney International, defeating Davenport in the final in straight sets. As well as the reaching a record seventh final in the Amelia Island Championships and her third final at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, she also reached the quarterfinals of both the French Open and Wimbledon, and the semifinals of the US Open (where she lost to eventual champion Graf 4–6, 6–7). Their semifinal was the 40th and final match between the pair, in which Graf led 29–11. Sabatini's 11 wins meant she had defeated Graf more times than any other player ever managed to defeat her. She still maintains a presence in world tennis - presenting the prize for the French Open last week - and will attend Wimbledon. To her there is no question the women's prize money should be equal to the men's - "the effort men and women put into the competition is exactly the same." In 1989, Sabatini reached seven tournament finals and won four titles, including the Miami Open (defeating Evert in the final). In defeating world No. 2, Martina Navratilova, and No. 1, Steffi Graf, to obtain the Amelia Island title, she became only the fifth player in Open Era history to defeat both the No. 1 and 2 ranked players at the same tournament. [10] She also reached the semifinals of the Australian Open and US Open Grand Slam tournaments. She has been alleged in the media that she is a lesbian because of her lowkey dating status right now. However, she is yet to respond to the rumors. Looking at her dating history, she was in a romance with Donald Trump in 1989 but broke up after a month. Then she was in a relationship with Frank Unkelbach, a German businessman, in 1989 but parted their ways in 1990.

Gabriela Sabatini perfume - a fragrance for women 2001 Dévotion Gabriela Sabatini perfume - a fragrance for women 2001

Born to a supportive father, she was supported and encouraged to play tennis. She discovered her interest in tennis after witnessing her father and brother play as children. Then she began training by hitting the ball against the wall when she was six years old. Her father saw her talent and put her in professional coaching. She spoke with a psychologist and decided she no longer had total commitment. Her relaxed air suggests she is comfortable with her present life yet her eyes well up when she recalls announcing her retirement: "It was probably one of the toughest moments. I was so emotional. But when I made the speech it was such a relief." In 1992, Sabatini became the first ever tennis player to have a rose named after her, an orange-red bloom. [22] [23] Though Sabatini has kept her private life a secret, we combed the internet and have piled up some information regarding her dating history and personal life. As per sources, she is not married and isn't dating anyone. She does, she says, long to find a husband. Men, particularly in Argentina, are fazed by her fame. She isn't seeing anyone at the moment and hasn't had a serious relationship for several years. Having spent 12 years protecting herself from outsiders, it is now less easy to let them in. So does she regret the sacrifices in her early pursuit of success? "Tennis was a wonderful thing, it gave me the opportunity to become what I am," she says. "All the things you have to do on the court you can apply to life."In 1988, she got to the finals of her first Grand Slam singles tournament, the US Open, when she played Steffi Graf. I changed coaches three times in 93," she says. "I wasn't satisfied, couldn't find the right person. The next year I started to get worse and worse. I'd wake up in the morning and think, 'God I have to go and practise and I don't want to do it. I want to do something else'. I had a strong feeling that I just wanted a normal life."

Gabriela Sabatini Miss Gabriela Eau De Toilette 30ml Gabriela Sabatini Miss Gabriela Eau De Toilette 30ml

Tennis keeps you in this bubble," she says. "I wanted to experience life outside it. Remember, I used to wake up, have breakfast, practise for two hours, have lunch, rest a little, practice again for two hours then after that do some training for another hour. Are there any former players she calls for dinner if they are in the same town? She frowns. Well, she speaks to Steffi on the phone, but everyone is always on the move. It is clear she keeps her emotional attachments well away from the game, with family in Buenos Aires, or with the friends she loves travelling with now. New York Media, LLC (9 November 1992). "Why Sabatini Is Every Inch a Doll". New York Magazine. Vol.25, no.44. p.18. ISSN 0028-7369 . Retrieved 21 July 2009.Great American Doll Company created a doll in Sabatini's likeness in 1994, dressed in tennis attire. [24] That same year, Sabatini published a motivational book entitled My Story. Gabriela Beatriz Sabatini ( Spanish pronunciation: [gaˈβɾjela saβaˈtini]; born 16 May 1970) is an Argentine-Italian former professional tennis player. [1] A former world No. 3 in both singles and doubles, Sabatini was one of the leading players from the mid-1980s to the mid-1990s, amassing 41 titles. In singles, Sabatini won the 1990 US Open, the Tour Finals in 1988 and 1994, and was runner-up at Wimbledon 1991, the 1988 US Open, and the silver medalist at the 1988 Olympics. In doubles, Sabatini won Wimbledon in 1988 partnering Steffi Graf, and reached three French Open finals. Among Open era players who did not reach the world No. 1 ranking, Sabatini has the most wins over reigning world No. 1 ranked players. [2] In 2006, she was inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame and in 2018 Tennis Magazine ranked her as the 20th-greatest female player of the preceding 50 years. In 1994, Sabatini reached the finals of Amelia Island and Strasbourg, and the semifinals of both the Australian Open and US Open. Across 15 consecutive Grand Slam events from Wimbledon 1990 to Australian Open 1994, she did not lose before the quarterfinal stage; this was the third longest streak of consecutive quarterfinal Grand Slam appearances in women's tennis ever (behind Graf and Navratilova tied on 19). In November, Sabatini defeated Lindsay Davenport in the final of the WTA Championships in New York to win her second title at that tournament. In the first round, she beat world No. 6, Martina Navratilova, in what was Navratilova's last match before retirement. By 1993, her growing feeling that there was a life beyond the game was affecting her tennis, tempering the inner hunger necessary to win. After her triumph at the US Open she had a couple of good years, including finishing runner-up in the 1991 Wimbledon final to her great rival Steffi Graf. But in 1993 at the French Open she had Mary Joe Fernandez at 6-1, 5-1 and then, in a monumental loss of bottle, the match was snatched from her 6-1, 6-7, 8-10 in a marathon three hours and 36 minutes.

Gabriela Sabatini | notino.sk Parfémy Gabriela Sabatini | notino.sk

Sabatini reached eight finals and won five titles, including her fourth Italian Open (where she beat world No. 1 Seles in the final again), Amelia Island (defeating Graf in the final) and Hilton Head. She also reached the semifinal stage at three of the four grand slams:- the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon; and a quarterfinal at the US Open. The "vitalising essences of mandarin and pineapple, together with aquatic elements of melon", apparently represent in olfactory form Sabatini's wish "for a partner for life, for children and a family of her own". She reached the semi-finals of Wimbledon, losing to eventual champion Martina Navratilova, in straight sets. Today there is no sign of such reserve in Sabatini's warm, unguarded manner. She poses for pictures with professional ease, neither seeking nor recoiling from the attention of watching guests. At 5ft 8in she has a rangy elegance in her well-cut jeans and Dolce & Gabbana bodice. Her face is a handsome hybrid of masculine and feminine: a lantern jaw and broad cheek bones are softened by glittering, kohl-heavy eyes and the sudden eruption of a stellar cover-girl smile.W) winner; (F) finalist; (SF) semifinalist; (QF) quarterfinalist; (#R) rounds 4, 3, 2, 1; (RR) round-robin stage; (Q#) qualification round; (DNQ) did not qualify; (A) absent; (NH) not held; (SR) strike rate (events won / competed); (W–L) win–loss record. From 1986 until her five-month injury absence in 1996, Sabatini spent 508 consecutive weeks within the world's top 10. This remains the fourth longest top-10 streak among any player in WTA-tour history. [20] She spent 312 of those weeks in the world's top five, and finished six consecutive seasons with a top-5 ranking. [9] Sabatini reached the semifinal stage or better in Grand Slam championships on 18 occasions in singles and 14 times in doubles, and reached at least one Grand Slam singles semifinal for 11 consecutive years. She defeated the reigning world No. 1 on ten occasions (Graf seven times, Seles twice and Navratilova once) during her career. [21] On the circuit she was regarded as aloof, even arrogant, barely greeting her fellow players, her striking dark looks and stature adding to the picture of a sulky Latin diva. But she was shy, she says, and very, very young in a game which requires intense, gladiatorial concentration.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment