276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ralph Lauren POLO RED EXTREME EDP 75ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So, here we are for yet another cologne review from the Polo line of scents. While, I enjoy a lot of the fragrances from this brand, my biggest complaint is how many of them have mediocre longevity…including a favorite of mine, Polo Red. Red Extreme is like an amalgamation of other scents, I get, Polo Red Intense plus Rochas Man, and something else ( Luna Rossa Sport? Maybe? It’s been so long, since I’ve smelled that). That being said Extreme seems familiar enough while being its own independent experience. Side by side with the original Polo Red, I do think that this also might have a hint of the cranberry note, because there is a definite similarity.

I have only been able to find out three of the notes in this cologne and they are of course the most noticeable. Coffee leads the way and it is tempered by a smooth and creamy feeling blood orange. In terms of projection, this stuff is fairly strong, and can be too much if you over spray but one or two spritzes should be enough. There’s some toffee here, maybe a slight tiramisu connection. It connotes dessert (so a “sweetness”), but it is not overtly sweet or cloying at all to my nose. This is a nice gourmand that I can overspray and enjoy. I get no woods here. This is neat. I never would have considered this one but happened upon a great deal and blind bought it. Took me forever to actually pop the top and try it. I brought it on a trip this week and have been using it everyday. Thumbs up!

Recently Viewed

Produced by Ralph Lauren, Polo Red Extreme is a remarkable fragrance that is bound to win your heart. . Olivier Cresp is the master-perfumer behind this poignant creation. Fragrances are labelled based on the concentration of aetheroleum they contain. Eaux de parfum, such as this one, usually have between 15-20%. This lasts throughout the day with just a few dabs. For this reason, they are also frequently the most costly to buy. Sweeping Structure Update: As far as wearing Red Extreme in the heat, I’d probably skip it. Maybe on a summer’s evening or if only in an air conditioned building. Outside of that, I don’t really like its development in the humidity and high temperatures. It’s not the worst, but humidity is a killer. Red Extreme does have that same fruity vibe but it is much darker, smokier, and bolder than the previous two colognes. Extreme is very energetic and sporty in a completely masculine way. want to say its geared more towards spring or winter but I do get a definite summer appeal with this one. Now, I cannot say if it will hold up well in the heat, but it seems like it could. Overall, would I say Red Extreme is a buy? Yes, I am digging it. If you were a fan of the previous Polo Red scents, you’ll probably be into this one as well. If you don’t like sweet or coffee scents, then, probably avoid this cologne.

At times, the interactions between the ingredients can give Red Extreme, a sort of chocolate-like scent. The roasted coffee with the citrus juiciness of the orange, does give this one a gourmand chocolate candy aroma. I like it for still being sweet, but not nearly as tart, or spicy (versus Intense) as the other options from this Red lineup. The coffee is pronounced, but it’s a dessert coffee, not “fresh brewed”. It’s even a little “carbonated” (to steal a description from JV’s “Crimson” collab with NJ), but otherwise there’s no other connection to that other (very enjoyable) product. There’s no saffron here, for example.

Currently popular on idealo

I expected this to be a confectionary novelty that i would use situationally. But this could easily be a signature scent as the whether cools. I’ll enjoy this throughout November on days I want something light and airy and not too serious. It’s fun and smells great!

The opulence of woody orientals is absolutely irresistible. The two signatures are a match made in heaven as they enhance each other's aromas. This fragrance's head is dominated by a single note of orange. Next a heart note of coffee moves in. As this fades away, it uncovers the base of ebony. Ralph Lauren Fragrances: Pricing I think that Ralph Lauren finally nailed this concept and produced a versatile cologne with good performance. It’s not the most amazing scent ever created, but I think it is very appealing. I think Polo Red Extreme is quite a versatile cologne. I can imagine wearing this anywhere, as it wouldn’t feel too out of place at work or out on a date. I Now, there is overlap between all three of these fragrances but I’d say that Extreme is the most unique of the bunch. It also shares more qualities with Red Intense, than it does the original, due to the coffee note being prominent.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment