276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In Rainbows

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

According to the bat-eared characters on that Steve Hoffman place all Radiohead vinyl albums are rubbish apart from this iteration of In Rainbows. It does sound good. Can’t comment on the other albums apart from AMSP which I had but sold (It did indeed sound terrible) The album really sounds as colorful and beautiful as the cover art. Almost a cliché among vinyl collectors but rightly so. A good record, definitely not perfect though. My pressing was slightly warped and ofcentre but nothing truly distracting. How to differentiate this EU 2016 repress release from the almost identical EU 2007 original In Rainbows (see also newly added images numbers 7-10):

Not saying this sounds bad! It sounds very, very good indeed, but the 33prm version is just as good. So save yourself some money and get the 33rpm release from 2007.

I recently acquired a confusing variant...it seems to best align with this release, yet also has a matte cover and sleeve like the comment below. Additionally, the matrix runout A is: 156455E1/C and B is: 156455E2/H.... The vinyl records are labeled as follows: Record One: Side One and Two, and Record Two: Side One and Two. Stunning pressing. Sonics are so detailed and clear - hats are just like in the room. Deep bottom. Beautiful voice, and what a guitars! Music is flowing from the speakers right to your heart.

I can only compare this to my cd copy and the cd hasn`t been played for years so for me definitely this issue is great. After 15 years of continual, radical transformation, Radiohead found themselves with time, freedom and acquired wisdom. In Rainbows is the result years of jumping into the unknown and pushing one another’s creativity.

Especially in 15 STEP and BODYSNATCHER the voice is muddy and almost entirely "covered" by the rest of the instruments\music. Quite hard to understand the lyrics... Performer [Radiohead Are] – Colin Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Jonny Greenwood, Philip Selway*, Thom Yorke I also love the material used for the cover, it's soft touch but doesn't collect fingerprints. Gives the sleeve a nice feel and satin look. No one on here is kidding about the sound quality. The first thing I notice in this rendering more than I ever noticed in any before, is the way that Tom's vocals weave in and out of the soundscape. Incredible! That said, there is a lot of space here, lots of room between the instruments and you can follow each instrument through all of its parts, except where it all gets real heavy and layered, but that was not likely the band's goal in those passages, and it might be one of vinyl's few weaknesses anyway. The depth and dynamism of reverb and fading in and out throughout the music is as good as it gets. The stereo mix is subtle but impactful. It's a shame we don't know who at Record Industry cut the vinyl as they deserve a huge amount of credit. Incredible pressing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment