276°
Posted 20 hours ago

5 Mini Bic Lighters

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But should you truly need a weather-resistant lighter, the UCO Stormproof Torch is your best option. Unless you need a highly weather-resistant lighter such as the UCO Stormproof Torch, I’d recommend you go with a flint lighter. It took an average of 9 minutes of drying the lighter in my pants pocket before it lit again, and over 20 minutes before it started lighting consistently. I lit each lighter and then tried to blow it out, starting by blowing lightly and getting progressively more forceful . After testing these lighters side-by-side, I personally would never take anything other than a butane lighter on the trail.

BIC J25 Long-Lasting Mini Lighters that lasts for up to 1,450

For a few bucks you can pick up the mini BIC lighters and are pretty much available in every gas station. There is something about lighting a Zippo that is immensely satisfying and any other lighter on this list will not come close to it. Fancy Zippo lighters that appeal to the bushcraft community or the mini BIC lighters that are for the UltraLight hiking community.

This is because it is small (2 ⅜ inches long and ⅞ inches wide and less than ½ inch thick) and lasts a long time. It is very common for a single BIC Mini to last an entire 2,600+ mile hike with plenty of fuel to spare. Often I will carry two different ways of lighting a fire, the main one is my mini BIC lighter and the second one is a Ferro rod. If you’ll be backpacking for an extended amount of time you might want to consider bringing a back-up lighter or, if your lighter is refillable, extra fuel. Based on reports I read of backpackers who had used a Clipper for a long time, the general consensus was that a Clipper’s flint wore out quicker than a BIC’s.

Lighters for hiking and backpacking | Hike for Purpose Best 4 Lighters for hiking and backpacking | Hike for Purpose

The Bic Mini lighter will provide around 2,200 lights but it really does depends on the burn-time of the flame.With an arc lighter, high-voltage electricity makes an arc of charged plasma between two electrodes.

Mini Bic Lighter - Etsy UK Mini Bic Lighter - Etsy UK

It’s an easy problem to overcome though — I usually have luck with using my hand or windscreen to block the wind long enough to light my backpacking stove. We bought 5 of the best backpacking lighters available and set about testing their water-resistance by soaking them in water, their wind-resistance by trying to blow them out, and their reliability by striking them until we got blisters.Most backpackers I know who do this will carry one in the form of a ferro rod, magnesium fire starter, or pack of waterproof or stormproof matches. You hear stories and read about GI’s dunking their Zippo’s in gas tanks from cars and tanks to light up. I found the flint lighters to be much more reliable over the long-term than the piezo-electric lighters. Every BIC lighter undergoes more than 50 separate, automatic quality checks during the manufacturing process.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment