276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nippon Ant Killer Liquid 25g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whilst Ant Gone can is technically suitable for indoor and outdoor use, you’d have to think carefully about how to apply it inside if you didn’t want to drench your house (given that it’s a liquid).

These bait stations by Home Defence are by far the best ant killer products I’ve tested so far and I used them while living at my old property which often suffered from ants. Unlike some other ant killers, Nippon states that children and pets don’t have to be kept away from the treated area, which is good news if you were concerned about either. However, as with all chemicals, it’s still best to keep curious hands and paws at a safe distance – just in case. Nippon ant killer powder contains an industry-leading 0.488% Permethrin, which is more than enough to kill off the ants contained in an entire colony. I’ve previously used nematodes on slugs, ants and lawn grubs in my own garden and also for clients and the results have been excellent.

CALL US NOW 

Carpenter ants are most often found in forests, on logs and fallen trees. They tend to build their nests in these pieces of wood, excavating tunnels to live in.

These work the same was as baited stations, but you’ll have more flexibility in terms of where to place the poison. I found this product easy to use when I tested it, I just squeezed the upturned bottle to puff out the ant killer powder. I’ve used it directly on ant hills and in lines to form a barrier. There are dozens of nematode species, some are harmful to plants while some only target pests such as insects. Using ant bait, as well as directly targeting the nest (identifiable by a soil mound) is the best ant killer method to help control an infestation of fire ants. Perhaps the most despised of the ant species in the UK is the fire ant. Red fire ants are distinctive to look at, and known to sting.Ant bait offers slow but effective pest control. Bait stations are filled with poisonous ant bait (usually disguised amongst high-sugar substances). However, the fact that it’s liquid does make it easier to apply over larger surfaces than powder products. With a rose-head that helps distribute the product evenly and sparingly, it can be great for use over large patios and lawns.

Bait boxes contain the same chemicals which are sealed inside a small plastic box with small entry holes for the ants. I used the Home Defence Ant Stop! Bait Station in my kitchen, positioning two bait stations at two different entry/exit points that I’d seen ants use. In the majority of cases, colonies will consist of just a few dozen predatory ants, although they can form colonies in which millions of ants exist. But don’t panic – if you had a million-strong colony on your hands, you would know about it by now. The design makes it easy to apply, taking the hassle out of using at-home treatments to fix an ant problem. It’s a good liquid alternative to using bait stations and granular bait without having to use an aerosol ant killer spray.Buying a product which is versatile can save you money in the long run, in case you have problems with more than one type of insect. Once inside, the ants were killed off; I saw no mess and no powder residue. I found that if I placed them strategically, there was no risk of pets getting to them either.

In my case, I wasn’t sure where the nest was; however, there were a few places where the ant activity was more prolific, so I just poured a little pile of the granules in each of these places. Whereas some other products require decanting and diluting, Ant Gone only requires you to open the bottle and pour it straight over the ant nest. You can also use it on paths and patios when you can’t get to the nests. Although not so commonly found in the home, one of the main problems with a carpenter ant invasion is they can be quite hard to get rid of.

The best ant killers you can buy in 2023 1. Home Defence Ant Stop! Bait Station: Best ant killer bait station The Home Defence Ant Stop Granules are for outdoor use only, and can help with getting rid of ants on patios or lawns.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment