276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie

£17.495£34.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Spider-Man attempts to disable the collider while fighting Kingpin's henchmen, Green Goblin and the Prowler. Justin Chang of the Los Angeles Times said that "What distinguishes Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in the end is that it takes its mission seriously, even when it's being transparently silly. To deliver the best representation of comic books brought to animated life, we had to break and overhaul our way of looking at things. Concept art doesn't always do a lot for me, but this movie was so stunning and unique in its visuals, especially referencing old-school comics while being so modern that my eyes didn't know what I was seeing, that I was really interested in seeing some of the thought behind it.

Other methods to make the film look more like a comic were halftones and Ben-Day dots to create colors, tones and gradients, crisscrossed lines to create texture and shadows, Kirby Krackle to create the illusion of energy, motion lines to show movement, and onomatopoeia, words on the image, to represent sounds and motion. Honestly this was a hard square to fill as my second bingo card is all BIPOC authors so I was very happy to find this book, as BIPOC authors are rare enough (for this genre) plus I rarely read "Art of the Movie" books, which this is a very, very good example of. The Australian edition of Kotaku is focused on taking all this fantastic news and crafting it into a tasty treat for all you Aussies and Kiwis. This movie was one of the biggest reasons why I’m going into animation school next year, and it is so inspiring to see the process in this book. If you’re someone who studies animation, either as a fan or in a professional capacity, there’s a lot to gain from this art book.If aliens landed on Earth and asked what kinds of superhero films we produce here, we could just show them The Incredibles and Into the Spider-Verse and that would be sufficient. We share only the finest artworks, the best tutorials and the greatest animated shorts with an international community of over 1 million artists, art enthusiasts and animation fans. They are confronted by mad scientist Olivia Octavius, who discovers that Peter will die from cellular decay if he remains in their dimension.

The film's animation was handled by Sony Pictures Imageworks in Vancouver, who had handled nearly all of Sony Pictures Animation's prior films, as well as visual effects for all prior Spider-Man films. The frame rate varied between 24 images (animating on ones) and 12 images (animating on twos) per second, the latter case using the same image twice. Another great example of stylized FX in the film is the multidimensional glitching effects the collider has unleashed by messing with the multiple Spider-Verses. The official trailer for the film was released online at the start of June 2018, and was praised by Chaim Gartenberg of The Verge for its "absolutely gorgeous" art style. Spider-Man gives Miles a USB flash drive designed to disable the collider, warning that the machine could destroy the city.Into the Spider-Verse is one of my favorite movies of the decade, so reading through this collection of concept artwork and reminiscences by the filmmakers is a total delight. Lee's character also has several brief "Easter egg" cameos throughout the film, such as when he walks over Miles and Peter B. This scene is a reference to a scene from the 1967–1970 Spider-Man TV series episode " Double Identity", in which the villain Charles Cameo dresses up like Spider-Man to impersonate him; the episode's scene has since become an Internet meme.

It is funny and inventive with two characters have no control of the situation, during a beautiful snowy night. Ramin Zahed truly pulls us into the Spider-Verse via the spoken word and detailed explanations of the artwork that comes to life on the big screen. With exclusive commentary from the creators, this extraordinary collection of art will take readers into the universe where more than one wears the mask Spider-Man crosses parallel dimensions and teams up with the Spider-Men of those dimensions to stop a threat to all reality. The directors felt the plot was similar to the live-action Spider-Man films, especially due to the large number of characters in the film. One of the best treats on the character pages are the many facial expressions drawn by character designer Shiyoon Kim.On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 97% based on 402 reviews, with an average rating of 8. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie takes readers behind the scenes to showcase the art and artistry of Sony Pictures Animations highly-anticipated sequel to 2018s Academy Award-winning animated feature, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. Reynolds ( Opposite of Always) and Eisner award-nominated artist Pablo Leon ( Refugees) create a riveting story that will connect with new and well-versed comics readers alike. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: The Art of the Movie takes readers behind the scenes to showcase the art and artistry of Sony Pictures Animation’s highly anticipated sequel to 2018’s Academy Award-winning animated feature, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. com praised the film's atmosphere and visual effects, adding that it "has a wonderfully trippy, dreamlike quality about it. This was achieved by artists taking rendered frames from the CGI animators and working on top of them in 2D, with the goal of making every frame of the film "look like a comic panel. Discover the dramatic diversity of the Spider-Verse in this deluxe, fully illustrated volume from Insight Editions! The film’s production team also provides a running commentary, where they explain a lot of the film’s design choices.The film was similarly cited as an inspiration for the animation of the Marvel/ Disney series Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. A young Japanese-American girl from an alternative anime-like universe who copilots a biomechanical suit with a radioactive spider that she shares a telepathic link with. A thirty-second sizzle reel from the film was shown at a Sony Pictures Animation presentation in January 2017, revealing that the film focuses on Miles Morales. Ramin Zahed is the Editor-in-Chief of the Los Angeles-based monthly publication, Animation magazine. Into the Spider-Verse was followed by Across the Spider-Verse, released on June 2, 2023, [150] after being delayed twice from an original 2022 date.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment