276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Best of Burt Bacharach

£1.5£3Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dionne & Friends (Elton John, Gladys Knight & Stevie Wonder), “That’s What Friends Are For” (four, beginning Jan. 18, 1986) The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers – Howard Shore, John Kurlander (engineer/mixer) & Peter Cobbin (engineer/mixer) (2003)

We realized we were more than just friends. We were family. Time has a way of giving people the opportunity to grow and understand ... Working with Burt is not a bit different from how it used to be. He expects me to deliver and I can. He knows what I'm going to do before I do it, and the same with me. That's how intertwined we've been. [72] [6] In 1971, Barbra Streisand appeared on the special Singer Presents Burt Bacharach, where they discussed their careers and favorite songs and performed songs together. [60] [61] The other guests on the television special were dancers Rudolph Nureyev and Bettie de Jong, and singer Tom Jones. [62] [63] a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o Sweeting, Adam (February 9, 2023). "Burt Bacharach obituary". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077 . Retrieved February 17, 2023.Hernandez, Ernio (June 15, 2003). "Walk On By: Broadway's Burt Bacharach-Hal David Revue, The Look of Love, Closes June 15". Playbill . Retrieved June 29, 2022. a b c d e f g h i Blair, Elizabeth (February 9, 2023). "Burt Bacharach, visionary pop composer, has died at 94". NPR . Retrieved February 14, 2023. It was all my fault, and I can't imagine how many great songs I could have written with Hal in the years we were apart. So I now know that on every level, it was a very bad mistake." [64] Sarabande, Varèse. "A Boy Called Po (Digital Only) | Varèse Sarabande". Varèse Sarabande. Archived from the original on March 8, 2021 . Retrieved September 11, 2017.

Zwerin, Michael. "Burt Bacharach Behind the Scenes During the Out-of-Town Tryout of Promises, Promises," Playbill, January 1969. Retrieved February 9, 2023.

Unterberger, Richie. "The Look of Love: The Burt Bacharach Collection". AllMusic . Retrieved October 25, 2021. In 2016, Bacharach, at 88 years old, composed and arranged his first original score in 16 years for the film A Boy Called Po (along with composer Joseph Bauer [90]). The score was released on September 1, 2017. The entire 30-minute score was recorded in just two days at Capitol Studios. [91] The theme song, "Dancing with Your Shadow", was composed by Bacharach, with lyrics by Billy Mann, and performed by Sheryl Crow. [92] After seeing the film, a true story about a child with autism, Bacharach decided he wanted to write a score for it, as well as a theme song, in tribute to his daughter Nikki—who had gone undiagnosed with Asperger syndrome, and who committed suicide because of depression at the age of 40. [93] [94] "It touched me very much", the composer said. "I had gone through this with Nikki. Sometimes you do things that make you feel. It's not about money or rewards." [91] Marches, John (October 1, 2014). "All The Way To Paradise: BBR Revisits Stephanie Mills, Burt Bacharach, Hal David's Motown Gem "For The First Time" ".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment