276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Doctor Who: The Collection Season 2 (Limited Edition) Blu-Ray

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Including Australian interviews with Peter Davison and Janet Fielding shot during production of this season. I believe Russell must have filmed his connecting scenes some time ago, because he appeared some 15 to 20 years younger than he is now. I’ll admit, the parallels of free enterprise and communism were totally lost on me, and I’m sure the same could be said of the small children watching it live, back in the day.

Bundles the seven "Complete Series/Specials" sets and a exclusive bonus disc featuring three BBC America specials.

Across an action-packed twenty-six episodes, the Doctor and Jo (Katy Manning) face off against Daleks, Ogrons, Sea Devils, Ice Warriors, Mutants and their old enemy the Master (Roger Delgado). They decided to convert the 1080i50 broadcast masters to 1080i60, to ensure the discs were compatible in both regions. Having finally obtained William Hartnell’s second season on Blu-ray — the first black and white season to get the royal treatment — I found myself once again swept up in “Overview mode”. In Italy, a BD version of The Complete David Tennant Years (titled Gli Anni Di David Tennant) was released in 2016.

Had my window open while watching the web planet and the neighbours must of thought I was watching a ‘nut house’ party… Absolutely bonkers. This nine-disc box set also includes hours of special features previously released on DVD including Documentaries, Featurettes, Audio Commentaries, The Five Doctors Special Edition and more. For the initial Collector's Edition release, each set came in identical cardboard packaging, with artwork displaying the Doctor superimposed by villains from the season on the front and a notable moment from the season on the back.The BD releases for first and second series were significantly later than their corresponding DVD releases. Three brand new documentaries: Including an overview of Season 2, Flight Through Eternity, a look at 1960s collectables in Doctor Who and The Collectors, and a deep dive into the life and career of story editor David Whitaker in Looking For David. A standalone version of Dark Water/ Death in Heaven was also released in this way, though the story was shot in 2D and converted to 3D in post-production.

The entirety of BBC Wales-era Doctor Who has since been made available on Blu-ray, with the first four series upscaled from their original standard definition masters. On the left side of the box interior, there is an openable card case, which is sealed with plastic Velcro and opens horizontally. Each set was numbered based on the actor playing the Doctor - for example, season 12 was released in the US as "Doctor Who: Tom Baker Complete Season One". Doubtful, although I don’t know if Russell happened to do anything like that for that story back in the day. The entire Season 10 was released on Blu-ray in 2019, Season 8 was released in 2021, with Season 9 following in 2023.Exclusive Enhanced Soundtrack: Watch The Dalek Invasion of Earth with an optional enhanced soundtrack.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment