276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was a slightly chubby kid, though not overly so, and became conscious of my weight by my teens. It didn’t help that I stopped growing at 5’3” and felt dumpy. The savoury dishes of Indian home cooking are usually drizzled over with ghee but I began to cut fat from my diet early on. That’s about when my granny gently berated me at the table. I have tried hundreds of diets and have failed every single one of them!! Dieting is hard! It's not practical and it's boring! Not to mention, pure punishment! I had read Melanie Avalon's first version of What When Wine and found Gin's podcast with her. I have a 4 hour drive to work each week and started listening. I was hooked by the time I made it to work. I wanted to jump in with both feet. I rationalized my weight gain, however, and consoled myself with comparison to others. On occasion, I would encounter a picture that I was not able to throw out, and I would be confronted with the truth. I had gone from wearing sizes 4-6 to wearing 12-14’s at the height of my weight gain. I had no idea how much I weighed, as my scale had broken years before and I had never replaced it.

Community - Gin Stephens, author and intermittent faster

Teresa has lost 83 pounds and is working on losing more. She has also healed childhood pain and shame and loves her body for the first time. Gin earned a Doctor of Education degree in Gifted and Talented Education in 2009 from Northcentral University and a Masters degree in Natural Sciences from The University ofSouth Carolina. She taught elementary school for 28 years beforeretiring to focus on IF full-time. Since Gin also has two adult sons, one husband, and four cats, she is busy. Thank goodness for intermittent fasting, which makes her life easier! Archives We were both so busy last year trying to get her through chemo (she went into the hospital for five days, every 3 weeks, for a total of 6 treatments) that our eating habits got out of hand. As she mentioned (below), they told her to eat whatever and whenever and that is exactly what we did. And because I adore her and she is my hero, I was there with her for every bite! LOL. Today's blog post is just for fun, but also should be motivational as you locate yourself somewhere within these stages. I have shared this in my Facebook support groups over the years, but now it's here for everyone.

Subscribe to my email list and never miss a podcast episode, blog post, or important announcement.

Just a month in to OMAD, I went to an outdoor concert wearing the jeans I couldn't wear before, and was able to stand and dance like nobody was watching for 5 straight hours! Absolutely no pain at all in the knees or hips! IF is free. You don’t need to join our community to fast. But if you’re looking for support from a community of like-minded IFers, we are here for you at ginstephens.com/community.

Everything You Need To Know About Intermittent Fasting

We both feel so good going into this next phase of her treatment! You won't find two sisters who support and feel about each other the way she and I do. I "retired" last year so that I can be there for her every step of the way through this cancer. I live in Cleveland now (moved from Richmond, VA 3 years ago) and she is in Columbus. I am so grateful for the 2 hours drive since it used to be 7 hours from Richmond. I think my car could actually drive itself there. It turned out that OMAD didn't suit my lifestyle, but 16:8 does. I eventually learned of the sister group Delay, Don't Deny, and that's my "sweet spot". Almost supernaturally, I came into possession of Gin's Delay, Don't Deny book, and it was definitely a great help. I still refer to it sometimes. Fasting, really? A practice that has been around since the dawn of mankind? How could this be “new”? How could all these health benefits possibly be within easy reach with something so old, so safe, so proven… and how could I JUST be hearing about them, in my mid-50’s? Lastly, it dawned on me-- shouldn’t you also lose weight if you were fasting intermittently? Once I failed to turn up anything detrimental about IF, I decided that night to give it a shot for at least a few months; that is when my journey with intermittent fasting began. Leah is in the Navy. She never struggled with her weight until her twenties, when she moved out on her own. Her new job had her sedentary for eight hours a day and the weight began to creep on. Visit ginstephens.com/community to join us. An annual membership costs just over a dollar a week when you do the math. If you aren’t ready to fully commit for a year, join for a month and you can cancel at any time. If you know you’ll want to stay forever, we also have a lifetime membership option available.My name is Melissa and I am a food addict... I lost over 100 pounds in 10 months with Intermittent Fasting.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment