276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Girls Coronation T Shirt Pink Kings Emblem King Charles III Kids School Party Tee

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We knew this would be a real spectacle, but from my front row seat (in my sitting room) much of it still felt from a bygone era. Les Battersby, his onscreen wife Janice, daughter Leanne and stepdaughter Toyah quickly became soap legends when they burst onto our screens back in 1997. According to stepson Chesney, Les is alive and well, living in Dublin and working as a roadie with an Irish tribute band.

Fans of the show were left wondering what would become of Les Battersby, Bruce's character, who never received an on-screen exit storyline. But Les didn't stay single for long, forming a new family unit with barmaid Cilla Brown, her son Chesney, and of course, their beloved pet pooch Schmeichel. He told the Mirror: "There were times I didn’t want to be in the dressing room, I just wanted to go home. She is an actress, known for Coronation Street (1960), Bad Girls (1999) and Coronation Street: Out of Africa (2008).Millions of eyes were on Britain, but what message did the Coronation send out about the country, aside from confirming prejudices about our dreadful weather? Following his dismissal from Corrie, Bruce tried his hand at stand-up comedy in Benidorm before making appearances on reality TV shows like Celebrity Wife Swap with singer Sinitta.

And who could forget that fateful night in 2014 when Les and Cilla were trying to enjoy a romantic evening in their hot tub upstairs and Schmeichel decided to join them in the water. She carried the (exceptionally heavy-looking) Sword of State into the abbey as Lord President of the Privy Council, the first time a woman has performed that role in a coronation. Malone's highlights also included the "beautiful haunting harmonies" of the new composition by Paul Mealor of Kyrie Eleison, sung in Welsh (the first time that language has been heard in a coronation service) by the opera star Sir Bryn Terfel and the "timeless, spiritual" Byzantine Chant Ensemble, in Greek. From a King with a lifelong passion for music, we were treated to a composition arc, from Orlando Gibbons in the Elizabethan period through William Byrd and Handel to Vaughan Williams and on to composers of today.While Les Battersby may have been the talk of Coronation Street, the actor who played him, Bruce Jones, was battling his own demons behind the scenes. In 1953, as a little girl in Lancashire, my mum watched the coronation at the home of a family friend who had got a TV for the occasion. He recently landed a role in the upcoming espionage thriller Cold Sun, playing Colin Rye alongside Hollywood actress Tara Reid.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment