276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The History of Witchcraft

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All used books might have various degrees of writing, highliting and wear and tear and possibly be an ex-library with the usual stickers and stamps. This is quite an interesting read and certainly improves basic knowledge of a subject new to me generally.

Muitas vezes conseguia-se ver uma janela na sua escrita que dava para ver que ele podia ter uma visão mais ampla das coisas. I was a short book but filled with good information about the HISTORY of witches and the part that the church and government played. Whether or not one believes in the powers of witchcraft, one must believe in the existence of witches.

Links to external Internet sites on Library of Congress Web pages do not constitute the Library's endorsement of the content of their Web sites or of their policies or products. También tengo que decir que se me ha quedado algo corto, hubiera deseado que tuviera aún más datos y hablara de más historias o casos de brujeria, pero bueno, es una edición pocket Essentials, no puedo pedir más. The book also does not end after the scholastic understanding of the end of the witch craze in 1736 but also provides an in depth analysis into modern witchcraft up to the present day and how we are in fact entering a new era of the supernatural. Observar os movimentos neopaganistas em uma linha do tempo também ajudou a esclarecer algumas dúvidas (por que eu odeio tanto o gardner? A few ( I feel) misdrawn conclusions and a shocking reiteration of how perverse, cruel, immoral and power hungry patriarchal society has been and the horrible extent those in power went through to consolidate that power.

O livro me perdeu ao tentar parar a discriminação e o preconceito da era moderna a determinados vieses e grupos políticos, a obra escolhe um lado claro e aí me perdeu.For both Medieval and Reformation scholars alike the Devil and all his works were a very real threat. Their conviction that witches were the servants of Satan led to the formation of perhaps one of the greatest conspiracy theories of all time: a belief that witches were working in league with the Devil in a diabolical plot against all Christendom.

dito isso, chegou no capítulo 10 eu me irritei quando o autor quis falar sobre a maneira como a bruxaria passou a ser disseminada com mais rapidez/se tornar algo popular com a internet, a partir da década de 1980, e meio a isso ele disse que a internet também ajudou a “disseminar o movimento homossexual”, que eu particularmente achei uma escolha miserável de palavras, dado o contexto em que ele falou isso (comparando uma questão identitária com um prática, questionando a posição de minoria que a comunidade LGBT assume na sociedade, achei que ele tava debochando). Dust Jackets are not guaranteed and when still present, they will have various degrees of tear and damage. Jeffrey Burton Russell is Professor of History, Emeritus, at the University of California, Santa Barbara. There are a few things that I thought was a little gray and might be confusing to some people that are new to this subject. Witchcraft has recently been undergoing a huge popular revival, but does modern pagan witchcraft really bear any resemblance to its historical antecedents?

En resumen hace un pequeño recorrido histórico sobre la brujería muy generalizada centrándose al final en Inglaterra, Escocia e Irlanda.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment