276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mindfulness for Mums: Simple ways to help you and your family feel calm, connected and content

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I wrote “Mindfulness for Mums” to share short, simple and effective mindfulness tips that can be introduced into your day to help you find the calm in the chaos of motherhood. Creating a worry journal is a type of cognitive-behavioral therapy, and it’s known to significantly ease symptoms of anxiety. Cognitive therapy is identifying maladaptive patterns of thinking, emotional responses, or behavior and substituting these thoughts with desirable patterns of thinking, emotional responses, and behavior. Mindfulness as a practice is also often misunderstood; some believe they have to be fully committed to meditation and it makes you feel calm and relaxed. Although that outcome is great, mindfulness is simply noticing things either in meditation or just moments. And, if you can build mindfulness meditations into your week, then that’s amazing and most certainly helpful! Mindfulness and Meditation Firstly, let’s chat about your fantastic new book! Can you tell us a bit about Mindfulness for Mums ?

Washing dishes? Pay close attention to the sensations in your body, feel the suds on your hands, the temperature of the water, the feeling of the floor under your feet. Use this as an opportunity to breathe and practice a standing meditation.

A Mindful Meditation

How do I know? Because I am one of those people. Sometimes by the end of the day I know I have done a lot of jobs, but I don’t really feel satisfied. Everything I have done blurs into one and I didn’t really get much enjoyment from any of it. I can eat a whole meal without really paying attention to the flavour of the food or the way it feels to chew and swallow. I can wash a whole sink of dishes without even taking notice of the water on my skin or the scent of the soap. I am doing but not living. I am not enjoying my life, I am just existing through it. So in mindfulness it's this ability to start recognising our own patterns of thinking that may not be that helpful for us. Once we start recognising those unhelpful patterns then we can start doing something about it, we can start having a choice. It's sort of reducing our reactivity and increasing our ability to respond more wisely.”

Mindfulness-based therapies are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) as a way to treat less severe depression. Having suffered from anxiety for much of her life, Izzy Judd has brought together a brilliant and inspiring collection of simple activities and exercises to help parents find their own piece of calm. Then practice putting extra attention on this intention for the entire day. Watch your thoughts and behaviors. When we are stressed or anxious, our brain’s alarm system (the fight-flight-freeze) can feel ready to go off at any minute and we can be living on our nerves pretty much a lot of the time. Mindfulness techniques can help us to use the whole of our brain, which then helps us to process information and helps us to take time and think about what we are doing and what is going on around us. Just being in the present moment can help our brains to work in different ways by firing up different parts of the brain and getting us into the rest-repair-digest state rather than how most of us are currently living in the fight-flight-freeze mode, constantly tired, worried and feeling stressed. When we become more aware of the present moment, we begin to experience afresh things that we have been taking for granted.I’m very excited for you to give some of the techniques a try. I think you’ll be surprised at how small, simple changes can ignite enormous change in your life. Important to note! Being a Mindful Parent is not about being a Perfect Parent! You don't have to have any specific training or experience, but you do need motivation to practice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment