276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Let You Go: The Richard & Judy Bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Other positives included an interesting side story involving Ray’s family life, which held my interest, though I wasn’t certain I totally bought into a situation with his young son.

I LET YOU GO - the ending - Clare Mackintosh - UK I LET YOU GO - the ending - Clare Mackintosh - UK

DI Ray Stevens is tasked with seeking justice for a mother who is living every parent’s worst nightmare. I've gotten into a bad habit of reading a couple of pages of new books and forgetting which one I wanted to read next.This is a very well written book by Clare Mackintosh who knows how to snap out a good ol' "gotcha" from the darkness underneath those stairs of your guarded mind.

I Let You Go - Clare Mackintosh

However happy our endings – and I firmly believe that Jenna and Patrick will be happy together – they are always tainted to some degree by what has gone before. All I will say is that the plot is cleverly written, with twists that I have already told you are amazing and plenty more surprise moments along the way. Using the same words at the end of I LET YOU GO is a gentle reminder that, although it is Jenna’s story we have followed throughout this novel, at its heart is a five year old boy who lost his life.They are lit by the headlights of the car that hit him, as as she looks up at the unseen driver and screams for help, the car reverses, and the beams of light shrink until they are left in darkness. She runs away - goes off grid - throws her cell phone away -hides out- - 'less' that 3 months after her child is killed. Then I hit that last page before Part II where you find out Jenna isn't Jacob's mom and she was driving (for now). In time, Jenna retrieves her camera from her backpack and begins to photograph the beauty of the tide. Ray - the DI for the CID team is trying to juggle his workload with his family life, and it is proving difficult.

I Let You Go Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary I Let You Go Summary and Study Guide | SuperSummary

I Let You Go is a very smart, very clever psychological mystery by new British author Clare Mackintosh. I can actually understand the comparisons to Gone Girl because it has that same drawn out who even cares?I Let You Go is a chilling tale with characters that are so well drawn, you can feel their pleasure and pain on each step of the journey. As a year stretched out, the crime remained unsolved and it seemed as if each of them may be successful. So despite the understated quality the book begins with, by the time you finish the book you might experience a little mental exhaustion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment