276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross Storybook: The true story of why Jesus died and rose again (Illustrated Bible overview/ gospel explanation. ... for Easter.) (Tales that Tell the Truth)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This bestselling book is written by Carl Laferton, who is also the author of God's Big Promises Bible Storybook, and serves as series editor of the God's Word for You series.

It is a very simple re-telling of the story of creation, the curtain in the temple, and the cross but is done in a way that is very clear and covers many plot points in the one story of redemption. The book is a great read and a great conversation starter with your children. It is the gospel clear and simple. My kids loved and so will yours.The Garden, the Curtain, and the Cross is a sweeping epic that details God’s relationship with humankind. From the Garden to the Cross—and the Curtain that separated the two—Carl Laferton takes readers on a journey through history to show how a broken relationship was restored. At first I didn't think I'd get along with it as the Eden story is introduced in quite a literal fashion (As in, "a long time ago, on this earth, there was a garden...") but I suppose for a children's book, that's OK, even if most Christians I know would probably believe in the Genesis account as symbolic and a "why" rather than a "how" story. As I stated, it is basic, short Biblical theology. The book perfectly brings down the concept of creation, fall redemption to a level children can understand. Laferton begins in the Garden with a perfect creation where, “There was nothing bad, ever. There was no one sad, ever.” Yet, sin came in and destroyed all of this. Now things were bad and people were sad. From that scene we are taken into the Temple where God Himself dwelt, but separated from man by a large curtain. Yet, God would become a man and die for our sins. The curtain separating man and God would be torn in two thus beginning God’s redemption of this world leading us to an eternal kingdom where “There was nothing bad, ever. There was no one sad, ever.” God’s creation will be restored and our relationship with Him forever settled. Together with The Garden, The Curtain and The Cross storybook, these full colour, full size illustrations allow you to read the story while showing the pictures on screen.

This book is about Jesus saving us from our sin. I learned because of sin you can’t go to heaven. But Jesus died on the cross so we can. The most amazing part was when the curtain tore (because God tore it) The pictures in this book are colorful and I like that the people at the end glow. The Garden, the Curtain and The Cross takes children on a journey from the garden of Eden to God’s perfect new creation. It is a gospel presentation that focuses on the significance of the temple curtain. Children will learn why Jesus died and rose again and why that’s the best news ever. yr old: I liked the book. My favorite picture is when God makes Adam and Eve. He made the animals and everything! I want to read this book all the time!I have never actually reviewed a children’s book before, but since adopting two children, suddenly the genre has become all the more important to me. Thus far I have read several Christian books to my kids. Some of them have been bad, and some very bad. Watered-down theology and dreadful moralism seem to characterize much of what is out there. Happily I can report there still several good resources out there for you, Christian parents. A great example would be The Garden, the Curtain and the Cross by Carl Laferton and illustrated by Catalina Echeverri. The first few panels set up the central conflict. Adam and Eve live in perfection in the Garden. (Sidenote: they are illustrated with tribal tattoos and drawings which is just lovely and thought-provoking.) But then they do a terrible thing. They decided they didn’t want to do what God said. They decided they wanted a world without God in charge. This, Laferton writes, is called “sin.” And because of that sin, the people could not live with God in the garden any longer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment