276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bliss on Toast: 75 Simple Recipes

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As a child I'd toast bread or an English muffin, top it with tomato slices and cheddar cheese, and pop it under the broiler. I was hoping for some simpler recipes, meaning everyday ingredients, but there are some good recipes in there! Known for revolutionising food and restaurants in London early in her career, she is now a judge on The Great British Bake Off, presented Prue's Great Garden plot and co-hosted Clever Cook, Waste Less. Probably torturing myself reading this but really at the end of the day toast is toast whether it's gluten free or it isn't. Can’t believe that a modest idea I had about a monthly recipe in the Oldie, consisting of delicious stuff on toast for Sunday night suppers, has turned into a really lovely little book.

making the recipes fun and simple for the home cook, while still maintaining the desired wow factor for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Her experience in directing companies, chairing the School Food Trust, and campaigning has equipped her with endless knowledge in so many areas from broadcasting, business and charity. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Her tasty recipes are divided into chapters for dishes that include cheese and eggs; vegetarian and vegan ingredients; fish; meat and poultry; and desserts. If parents are packing up their kids to take them for university pop a copy of Bliss on Toast in their bag and you won't go wrong.You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

Particularly mouthwatering and tempting are scrambled eggs with fried prosciutto on sourdough; fried halloumi cheese in pita pockets; ham and burrata on toasted croissants; and bananas and ice cream with brandy syrup on panettone.These 75 recipes for things on toast will help you make quick, delicious and versatile meals year-round – for working-from-home lunches and cosy Sunday suppers, to light bites, indulgent treats or impressive canapes. The recipe that looks really yummy right now is toasted panettone with bananas sautéed in butter, syrup and vanilla ice cream.

And when you top it with a few cleverly paired ingredients, it becomes a full meal--not to mention pure bliss. With 82 years' experience of good eating and 60 years of cooking, writing about and judging food, there is no-one who better knows what makes a meal bliss than Dame Prue Leith.It’s not just the toast I love, but it’s stuff on toast too, the sort of food you load onto toast that does it for me as well. With easily swapped components, the sky's the limit for creating these elevated, simple-to-build, open-faced eats. I hadn’t thought to put blackberries with my Camembert toast – but I shall remedy that with the next punnet of blackberries I get my hands onto. It worked out well as a free book, but I don't think the content is worth purchasing it and finding a spot for it on your cookbook shelf. just about ANYTHING on toast is delicious but some of these concoctions are exactly what I need for those days when I don't want the same old turkey sandwich or grilled cheese.

Indulgent yet simply composed small plates that satisfy even the most sophisticated palates with recipes hitting all the high notes of flavor and texture.

Very British-centric ingredient wise but also many recipes I look forward to trying, as well Leith gave me and other fledgling cooks permission to experiment using left-overs and pantry items--always a useful skill.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment