276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mini Survival Tin - Pocket-sized tin, loaded with an impressive amount of outdoor survival essentials. UK-made.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

EDITABLE Teacher Survival Kit Card | Teacher Appreciation Week | Education | Teacher Gift | School Teacher Week | Teacher Survival Kit This is meant to be an EDC (that is everyday carry) so it was designed to be small, compact and as lightweight as possible. A compass allows you to walk on a bearing, as opposed to walking in circles as everyone is prone to do without some form of external frame of reference. Think about the essentials of survival: Shelter, water, fire etc. and, after making sure personal medication is sorted out, cover these survival essentials first.

With adult supervision, everyone should use a lighter to melt the end so their cord doesn’t fray. They should be really careful as the melted cord will be hot (and they should avoid breathing in fumes too). This is a fun little item and potentially a serious addition to any kit! The fire/whistle works well, it’s loud and creates a good shower of sparks, I’ve already lit a fire with it. Paracord is always useful and comes braided into a key fob. The tiny torch is incredibly bright for it’s size. Button compass, candle, first aid and sewing kit all good for the money. The fishing kit is the smallest I’ve seen but it’s all there. On the knife lanyard it is a double-fisherman’s knot and on the whistle/microlight lanyard it is a single-fisherman’s knot. Both tied with very short tails. They never come undone.This urban survival tin was designed for surviving three different scenarios that can take place in an urban environment:

After that you get into the 'big' things that will make a big difference. But then your on an extended bushcraft trip, not in a survival situation: You can always add or take away to suit your needs. You can even have several made up for different conditions and situations. As described in ‘ Essential Wilderness Equipment‘ a small first aid kit capable of dealing with cuts and other minor injuries is prudent. Keep in mind the #18. The actual tinitself can also be used a piece of survival equipment because of the shiny nature of the inside of the lid it can be used as a signal mirror or even used to collect water. Do you see other distinctive advantages of matches? They are probably marginally easier to light with reduced dexterity than a classic lighter.The most obvious and beneficial changes however, are the replacement of the little whistle, ferro rod and striker with a whistle/ferro rod/striker unit. This is a loud and effective whistle and a rod and striker combination that is easy to handle and efficient. There is also a tiny LED light on a key ring and this is a very useful item in a tiny tin like this. This will require some planning on your part as well as some decision-making to decide which kit will hold what items. Ultimately, just have a bit of fun and experiment so that you can create the perfect Altoids survival kit for you and your family.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I agree regarding the importance of a metal pot generally, not just in winter. I would argue they are even more important when there is no snow on the ground as you can then always boil water as long as you can make fire.That said, after something Mors Kochanski said at the booshmoot this year I have had a bit of a re-think about survival kits. As Mors pointed out, if you can’t get a drink or sufficient sleep you will break down in two days, make mistakes and die. Not really one for Survival tins… But when I saw what you guys were working on I instantly had to have one! Wasn’t disappointed, every single item in the kit has a purpose!! Can’t wait to really put it to the test… There are a ton of different and amazing options for you to include in your Altoids survival tin, most of them being super simple and surprisingly varied. And while this list was extensive, it was just the tip of the tip of the iceberg in terms of what can be stored in an Altoids tin. I carry my Altoids survival tin every day in my Maxpedition Mini Organizer. That little pouch goes with me everywhere and in a future post I’ll share some pictures and the contents.

Survival Tin (Metal) – robust, able to boil water/cook food/signal location (mirror), Sealed with water proof tape (Navigation and water crossings)But once you begin to leave your survival gear behind, is when your health and survival is in jeopardy. You’ll need to buy any other items you want to include, for example, whistles, foil blankets, small compasses, and so on. It’s great if people can bring things they already have from home to personalise and adapt their kits. This may also make the activity cheaper for the group. I tought about this myself the other day iusually carry a tin always with me and the contents are somewhat similar except I have a water filter bag instead of a silver bag. Anyhow.. the thought came to me if you have a firesteel and matches to light a fire and a saw to cut wood and a candle to help start a fire....wait for it

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment