276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Frontier X2 Smart Heart Rate Monitor Chest Strap, Wireless Heart Health Monitor with Strain, Breathing Rate, Rhythm and Fitness Tracking with Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Those with an Apple Watch will be happy to know there’s a Frontier X app that allows you to choose your activity type and start and stop it from the watch. Rather usefully, it will also display multiple Frontier X metrics on the watch in real-time. This is something that is not available on Garmin and other watches yet and is on my wish list – the ability to view other physiological metrics in real-time, in addition to heart rate. It is a bit fiddly and takes some getting used to but maybe that’s because I’m more used to training with heart rate arm bands than chest straps. I found myself getting frustrated at the beginning, but soon got the hang of it. To ensure accurate readings, you should make sure the band fits snuggly around your chest. But more about that later. the ability to take long-continuous recordings of your ECG (smartwatches with ECG typically record only 30-60 second segments)

Frontier | Heart Rate Monitor in USA | 24hr Real-time Fourth Frontier | Heart Rate Monitor in USA | 24hr Real-time

The question is – is it worth the money? The wearable is quite pricey. Well, that really comes down to – what do you really need? It's wonderful to know that you find the Frontier X exceptionally useful, especially in detecting irregularities in your ECG that regular fitness watches cannot provide. We're proud to offer a product that makes such a positive impact on your health monitoring. More detail on Cardiac Rhythm can be found in the charts which group the data into 20 second intervals. If there’s a suspicious change detected in Cardiac Rhythm, that 20 second session will be flagged. You’ll find Fourth Frontier is pretty good at churning out firmware updates regularly. In the past six months an average of one update per month was issued. Each brought improvements and additional functionality in addition to the usual bug fixes.Since the Frontier X2 is positioned close to the heart, it can sense tiny changes like the opening and closing of the heart valves. This opens up the door to measuring PEP, LVET, LVEF and various other haemodynamic parameters which a wrist watch would never be able to measure. Please ensure that the Frontier X/X2 is blinking blue while your third-party device searches for other external HRM's. This signifies that the Frontier X/X2 is ready to pair. I often exercise with an external heart rate monitor paired to my sports watch. As good as wrist based heart rate monitors have become, they are still not on par with chest straps or arm bands when it comes to accuracy. This is particularly the case with high intensity exercises. On the Cons side, the wearable is quite pricey – particularly if you compare it to a standard chest strap. The other negative is the sampling frequency of heart rate which is slightly below a standard chest strap connected to a watch. This is unlike ECG which is captured practically continuously.

Fourth Frontier: Frontier X2 Heart Monitor – Fourth Frontier

Please know that your comments will be shared with our development and support teams for further evaluation and improvement. We aim to learn from this situation and enhance our offerings to ensure a more positive experience for all our customers. In the short time, I've used this device (one week), it's updated five times — almost every time I tried to record an activity. These updates had to happen before I could start, and they each took five to 10 minutes. Sometimes, I only have 20 minutes to squeeze a workout in when I'm busy. The constant updates were frustrating, as they ate up valuable time I could have spent sweating. The final option is to pair it with 3rd party devices as an external heart rate monitor. This includes those manufactured by Garmin, Polar, Wahoo, Zwift and Peloton. In this mode Frontier X sends out heart rate data to the paired device.

Update 15 May 2022: Since this review was published Fourth Frontier have introduced functionality which allows users to connect their Garmin account directly with the Frontier X smartphone app. This is useful as it allows for syncing of GPS maps of your exercise from your Garmin account to the Frontier app and web dashboard.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment