276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Seagate IronWolf, 8TB, Enterprise Internal NAS HDD - CMR 3.5 Inch, SATA 6GB/s, 5,400 RPM, 256 MB Cache for RAID NAS, Rescue Services - Frustration Free Packaging (ST8000VN002)

£99.495£198.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Less disk platters could reduce the power consumption but it's hard understand that the 10 TB would also have less disk platters. The IronWolf NAS HDD is based off of AgileArray, a technology that helps optimize the drive’s reliability and system agility. anyway here is a promo video ( no i did not get paid for this, i wish ) which points out the ironwolf features.

However, I was not able to find what is the exact difference between these two versions, does anybody know this?

This indicates the use of helium in the 10 TB so most likely also in ST8000NE0004 while ST8000NE0021 is probably conventional, with air.

Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup. P3R wrote:Does anybody know what the difference is between the two different Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8 TB disk models? During heavy random operations, you can hear the moving parts, that’s a given, but during sequential operations it’s silent and you won’t notice it at all. Finally thanks to power consumption optimization the IronWolf 10TB uses much less power compared to the NAS HDD 8TB (6.Anyway I noticed that the drives have been running at 50C for the last few days which seems exceptionally hot. Important For use within a RAID array, do not combine hard drives with different recording methods (CMR, SMR). Does anybody know what the difference is between the two different Seagate Ironwolf Pro 8 TB disk models?

Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience.By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. P3R wrote:Yes I had already googled those reviews myself but as they unfortunately gave no useful insight on the subject, I started this thread. More storage at lower power consumption while still running with a 7200RPM spindle speed, that’s something no one can argue against.

By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. According to specifications, ST8000NE0004 (as does the 10 TB version) use much less power than ST8000NE0021.There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Despite the larger capacity, Seagate actually managed to create a drive that draws less power than the smaller 8TB brother which is quite impressive. The reason for this is that we transitioned from the ST8000NE0021 to a newer product, the ST8000NE0004, with the power consumption optimizations that were already mentioned here, and the ST8000NE0021 drive was EOL'd (End-of-Lifed). What other technology used in the ST8000NE0004 (and the 10 TB disk) explains the power usage difference? I confirmed the fans in the NAS are running fine and I contacted the previous owner just to check what temps he saw drives running at if he remembered and he let me know that he had reds running at 30C in it which sounds about right.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment