276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Airbag SRS warning light resistor 3R3 ohms (5 pack)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because to measure resistance, your multi-meter “sends” a reference current through the positive and measures the resulting current after the resistance. Depending on the car model and multi-meter model, the reference current could be high enough to deploy the airbag, which could be potentially deadly or harmful (trust me, if you never saw an airbag deploy before, you don’t want to be holding it when it happens)! You can test your resistor first to make sure it suits your needs. It should be between 2 and 2.4-2.6 ohms.)

Mod Details Premium Yes Difficulty Mod ID 1104 Credit evilution For Link https://www.evilution.co.uk/mod/airbag-delete-resistor.htm Copy to Clipboard

Best Snow Foam Lance In 2023

I have read about resetting the airbag ecu, replacing it, replacing just the pretensioners, replacing it all. I don’t want to just throw money at it until it’s solved as the parts are expensive and also could do with resolving the problem swiftly, so am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to finding what the fault is and getting it working properly. Curve the wire just before the resistor and measure the length between the other end of the resistor and the tip of the needle we just weld. Some vehicles will require the use of a diagnostic scan tool along side the resistance tool as you may need to erase the fault codes until the light goes out.

I have been struggling to find information due to the sheer amount of different vehicles and all the results I can find are either for newer models or for pretensioners on the receiver stalk rather than on the belt. With this information, you can then test the component to see if it falls within the required parameters. It desperately needs to go for an MOT soon as it has expired and is parked on the road. I do not know anyone who would turn a blind eye to the airbag light being on. Simply remove the component you are working on (eg: airbag or seatbelt etc) &connect the two wiresinto the wiring loom connector in place of the component.Unfortunately it’s not a ‘one size fits all’ solution with resistors. They all have different values of resistance (measured in OHMS) and this needs to be specific to match the resistance of the airbag you’re taking out of the circuit. The value generally changes between car models and manufacturers so a little forum hunting will be needed. Don’t worry too much though – someone has always done it before. Where to get the resistor For example, if you were carrying out diagnostic work on a seatbelt pretensioner circuit and needed to know the correct resistance valuein that circuit then this tool would help you identify it. Once you know what resistance should be in a particular airbag circuit, then you can test the component to see if it is within tolerances.

I've had a look under the passenger seat but plug all looks connected up and secure. Seat belt hasn't retracted and can still be used. If this light is on, none of the safety features will function when required to do so. In a crash, none of the airbags will fire and the seatbelts will not pretension. How Does It Know? I thought I might as well try replacing the side airbag sensor at the base of the b pillar but the airbag light is still showing on the dash. Disappears for a couple of seconds after ignition but then appears and stays on.

Best Dash Cam: Top Car Cameras Tested For Every Budget

This video will show you step by step instructions on how to make a DIY airbag tester so you can test your airbag without the need for an expensive airbag tool. I am currently awaiting an opportunity to install my old pretensioner into the replacement seat and then attempt to clear the codes and reset the warning light. I will let you know how I got on. After this there are few options. There is a sensor under the seat to tell if the seat is being sat on, and the side airbag. The side airbag would be obvious if that had gone off. If you use a push-pin, cut it so the two tips of the push-pin are sharp. if you use sewing needles you can just leave them as they are. Hi. I have a 2005 Expert which has the airbag light on. It has the seatbelt pretensioners on the belt itself in the B pillar and drivers airbag only. In the US, having airbag warning lights isn’t illegal, although laws vary from state to state. In the UK, however, having the airbag light on or even flashing is an MoT failure, meaning your car can’t legally drive on the right. Also, in a lot of cases, your car will automatically disable the rest of its airbags when any airbag is causing a warning light. Which could be dangerous. So, here’s how to turn off your airbag warning light.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment