276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mouse's Wood: A Year in Nature

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In February, Mouse is wrapped ‘ up warm/ against the winter’s chill’ so that he might stroll in the ‘morning mist’. Alice went on to publish a further eight titles with Tate including Counting Birds, The High Street and Grandma’s House, winning a Book Trust Best New Illustrator Award in 2011. Payments made using National Book Tokens are processed by National Book Tokens Ltd, and you can read their Terms and Conditions here.

Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's pageview limit.Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin. However, we can peek through the cut out window, and thereafter lift the flap to discover Mouse reading in bed.

By August, we’ve journeyed to Badger’s allotment, where ‘ armed with pots and spades and barrows‘ Mouse and Badger ‘ gather up/ the carrots and the marrows’. Mouse moves on to wake up Hedgehog for the arrival of spring and as he continues along the path in the wood, Mouse's journey from friend to friend maps out the changes in seasons from January through to December, from picnicking among the bluebells with Mole in May and picking berries with Dormouse in June, to taking refuge in Fox's cozy caravan as winter draws in. Along the way Mouse visits his woodland friends and the reader can open the flaps and peep inside their homes – from otter’s riverside cabin to squirrel’s tree house. Written in a gentle rhyme that reflects the slow pace of Mouse’s rambling journey, and illustrated in the inimitable style of Alice Melvin, Mouse’s Wood is a heart-warming celebration of slow living in nature.Your words, like your reviews, bring books to life and give them a voice before the front cover is even turned. I was at my last school for 4 years and we had ********* book fairs every term – and every term, I was disappointed by the narrow range of books. It is a celebration of our incredibly diverse world as it really is: home to 195 countries with thousands of different cultures, 10 million colours and 4,300 religions.

Yourself and Bob are much cherished in our booky world and I personally really appreciate everything that you do. It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I really appreciated how smoothly and professionally you ran everything. A lighthearted story with a subtle feminist undertone that celebrates the joy of pockets, and how they can unleash the inquisitive, adventurous spirit of all young children.There are spring daffodils on his porch, though he’s in dressing gown and pyjamas as he ‘shakes sheets’ before handing them on the line with Mouse’s help. Written by Uju Asika, author of Bringing up Race, this beautiful picture book celebrates the beauty and joy of living in a wonderfully diverse world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment