276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Max Verstappen: The Inside Track on a Formula One Star

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Veľmi dobre napísaný príbeh (nenazval by som to životopis, už len vzhľadom na vek Maxa). Pútavý pohľad na jeho detstvo, formovanie, jeho cestu do F1 a napokon do Red Bullu na jeho mentalitu a zaujímavé sú najmä tie súvislosti, ktoré autor odkrýva a na ktoré upozorňuje.

A definitive and intriguing biography of Max Verstappen, Formula 1's superstar, Lewis Hamilton's great rival and the winner of the 2021 and 2022 World Drivers' Championships.

Christmas Cards & Gift Wrap

It will be an extension of his season record if he does so and a 54th career victory would take him past Sebastian Vettel’s tally. The Dutchman will then take his place with the third-highest number of wins behind Lewis Hamilton and Michael Schumacher. No one, and most certainly not Marko, will be betting against it. I think Helmut learned his lesson, never bet against me,” said a laughing Verstappen. A lesson his rivals have learned with crushing regularity this season. Verstappen has been the vanguard of their charge and, had Pérez been closer to his teammate on more occasions, they might have closed it out even sooner. “Max is absolutely at the top of the game, he is the best driver in F1 at this point in time,” Horner said. “He has this inner hunger and determination and huge ability but he channels it and he does not get distracted by some of the trappings of F1, he is an out and out racer.” Okay, where to start? It's good that this book is about Max Verstappen, because his awesomeness alone makes up for many of the book's weaknesses.

The rest of the grid has some way to go to come close to matching Red Bull and it must be hoped they do so but this was a title the team thoroughly deserved. They have not only had a mighty car but have been all but flawless operationally, calling races with precision and setting the benchmark for performance at the top level. Piastri had been the slower McLaren driver all weekend but Norris' error allowed the Australian to sneak ahead for a strong result at the end of an impressive rookie season.Not that Verstappen or Red Bull are taking anything for granted as Verstappen noted here with undertones of ominous intent. “What you have learned throughout the whole year, last year, gives you a much better understanding of the car,” he said. “That naturally makes it better but that doesn’t mean that we are satisfied. We’re never satisfied, you always want to do better.” The last lap, I knew I had to put everything together. [At] the last corner there was a bit too much sliding but I think everybody had that.

Verstappen said this weekend that he does not care about how and where the title is won, only that it is under his belt as he continues what has been an inexorable march typified by the run at Suzuka. Having been challenged at the start by McLaren’s Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri he held his nerve and his place sandwiched between the two charging papaya cars, kept his nose in front as they swept into the esses and that was it. F1 is my new obsession and what got me through exam season and, as a birthday gift, I went and got the first f1 related book I saw and one of my friends recently read. I was warned that it's not just about max and it tends to dive into a lot of topics and information not necessary. THE FIRST AND ONLY BIOGRAPHY OF DUTCH FORMULA ONE WUNDERKIND MAX VERSTAPPEN, NOW DOUBLE WORLD CHAMPION** Norris came close to beating Verstappen at the Brazilian Grand Prix earlier this month, with the pair crossing the line ahead of third-placed Fernando Alonso by almost half a minute. The former is yet to secure his first Grand Prix victory but Express Sport readers believe that he could be the one to challenge Verstappen next year if he keeps improving at his current rate.

More in Offers

This positive assessment was matched by the Red Bull team principal, Christian Horner. “The pace was good, the strategy was there, it was the best possible start for us. It was a superb race today, get on the board and get some points early.” As the son of F1 legend Jos and elite-level kart driver Sophie Kumpen, Max was destined to be a racing driver. And since that headline-grabbing debut, he has continued to make an indelible impression on the sport, courting criticism and plaudits in equal measure. Max Verstappen je teraz na vrchole, vyhráva takmer všetko, smeruje k ďalšiemu titulu, takže sa hodí... Každopádne je to veľmi zaujímavá, pútavá kniha a vtiahne aj občasného fanúšika F1. Autor je športový novinár a cítiť to – pozadie, informácie, súvislosti. Ukazuje, ako syn legendy F1 bol vlastne odmalička predurčený na pretekanie. Ako začínal v motokárach, ako ho jeho otec k tomu viedol, pracoval s ním, učil ho. Asked his feelings knowing this was the last time he would have to qualify in this car, Hamilton was unequivocal. “I am definitely happy that it’s nearly over,” he said. “It is inconsistent, up and down, it’s massively out of balance and hard to predict what is going to happen.” Red Bull had struggled all weekend with Verstappen’s car to find the right balance and set-up in practice at Yas Marina. Indeed, after practice three they were seven-tenths off the pace.

Widely respected motorsport writer and F1 insider Mark Hughes is perfectly placed to write the most authoritative narrative on Verstappen's incredible rise through the ranks to F1 glory. Hughes' immaculate credentials and first-rate access enable him to generate fresh and fascinating insights, and to paint a fully-rounded and richly-textured portrait of one of the most exciting young sportsmen on the planet. We were good in the hot, not in the cold. I am just happy this was the last qualifying of the season and we are going to come with a new car." Last season the 25-year-old Dutchman romped to the title with four races remaining. He won 15 of the 22 meetings and was largely untouchable. Even if Charles Leclerc and Ferrari’s challenge had not petered out, it is doubtful Verstappen could have been denied. One title is done then and the second in the bag. Red Bull and Verstappen leave Japan with their season all but complete, the sport’s dominant force enjoying their spoils but doubtless with one eye already on the future.

I cannot always be super-polite and nice; that’s not how I work,” he explains. “You need to be hard on each other especially in tougher times or when you are not happy with certain things. It works both ways. They tell me, I tell them. You should be able to be criticised and take criticism.” Behind Norris, Yuki Tsunoda was an impressive sixth in the heavily upgraded Alpha Tauri - the team raising eyebrows up and down the pit lane as to the extent of the number of new parts they have been able to bring this season. Yet there is not a chance of complacency, according to Hamilton, who has been wheel to wheel with him more than any other driver. “I don’t think he will slip up,” the Briton said. “He’s a world champion. I wouldn’t question his determination or his focus, he will be just as focused as ever and it is our job to catch up. I think he will be very confident, they developed an amazing car last year and blew away all the records on pretty much everything. I don’t think they were even pushing at the end and they were still way ahead. I don’t see that changing necessarily starting this season.” At the start of the season it will fall to Ferrari to put the pressure on him but the Scuderia, adapting to the new team principal Frédéric Vasseur, appear to still be trying to catch Red Bull. Leclerc will form the schwerpunkt of their assault but while he certainly has the talent to fight Verstappen he has to have the tools and at this stage Ferrari need a little more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment