276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Penhaligon's Alizarin Eau De Parfum 100ml

£54.995£109.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The complements: I’ve been using Alizarin as a night fragrance for dinner dates and weekend frolics and I’ve received many a complement.

The name: My pet hate is fragrances that have totally random names. Alizarin perfectly describes the contents of this bottle, it’s mystical, magical and reminds me of something you would find in Aladdin’s cave. The new collection consists of four eaux de parfum: The Tragedy of Lord George, which describes the curious, mythical father of a small English family, loyal to the king and country (a woody fougere with aspects of foam and rum, by Alberto Morillas); The Revenge Of Lady Blanche, drawing on narcissus, iris and hyacinth to paint a portrait of his wife, a social butterfly who hides a terrible secret; The Coveted Duchess Rose, in which Christophe Raynaud describes the life of their unsuccessfully married (if married...) daughter to the eccentric and freedom-loving Duke, represented by the fizzy, rosy-leathery fragrance named Much Ado About The Duke. Alizarin has a spectacular opening, a stirring filtered-light effect, mildly cresolic narcissus (surprised others don't detect it) and an almost juicy mandarin orange with the note of mimosa soon after entering the scene. I've always felt that mimosa flower are deserving of more representation in fragrances other than those that are soft and feminine: here it shows what it can contribute to, of all things, a leather fragrance, with a plushness and winsome pastel-like radiance. It should definitely be featured in more unisex and masculine fragrances, along with the other flower that comes into play here: tuberose, which sustains its voluptuous presence into the base. There is also a somewhat mouth-watering dampness to the heart of the fragrance that is quite intriguing.

Woody woods were already spreading in the entrance, and during the greeting it turned out that the couple smelled in unison.

Nevertheless, I like the noble Brit with the slightly oriental touch - although it also shows off better on my husband than on me.

Here is what people have to say about Alizarin

Yes! Penhaligon’s is a great British brand with lots of wonderful heritage which they draw inspiration from. They use high quality ingredients, create exciting and unusual blends and they always have wonderful stories and inspiration behind each fragrance. They are luxury and transportive. Is Penhaligon’s worth it? Realistically, there are a LOT of niche leathery woody incense perfumes. What Alizarin brings to the table to make itself notable is pretty much the combination of cumin and tea. The scent is probably its most interesting for the first hour or so, while all the disparate notes are fighting for space and the cumin tea is allowed to set off a few fireworks. Later in the day, it settles into a woody incense drydown that niche aficionados will find pleasant but fairly familiar. Like a starry night in a warm Middle Eastern desert, Alizarin has stories to tell. Stories as Ancient as the Pharaohs, and as acclaimed as their perfumers. Intense and untamed it finds a more restrained etiquette with a soft, pigment-powdery dimension….One is bound to wonder if this fragrance was not worn by Cleopatra herself?” Yes, Penhaligon’s is worth the price tag. They use high quality ingredients and they have wonderful inspirations behind each fragrance. Some of the older fragrances are more affordable than the newer perfumes, in particular fragrances like Sartorial or As Sawira. Which are stunning and I think well worth the money. They also tend to have good sales, especially after christmas as they sell of gift sets. What is the best Penhaligon perfume?

The fact that I’ve never heard of it: It’s no fun having a signature scent that everyone else has. Angel, Jo Malone, Chanel are all great signature scents but it’s always nice having something a little more unique. I have a lot of love for Penhaligon’s fragrances, but by far my favourite collection is ‘Trade Routes’. Each fragrance is inspired by a fantasy journey around the world, importing and exporting precious goods. They capture moments of exotic lands, romantic voyages and the worlds finest ingredients. Some of my favourites from the collection include As Sawira, Empressa, Lothiar and Agarbathi. Today, I’m discussing doing a Penhaligon’s ‘Alizarin’ Review.

Ocassions to wear it

For my sensation it is rather a masculine scent - or for self-confident ladies when they perform solo. The scent is very clean and the fresh floral scents are meant to invoke white sails billowing on the River Nile whilst the rich precious woods are reminiscent of desert wind. Alizarin is quite a powerful scent and slightly masculine, it could be worn as a unisex fragrance as I’ve been wearing this however I’m pretty sure my boyfriend has claimed this bottle for himself as he has fallen in love with the scent too. It’s the richer of the two fragrances and I would wear this more in the evening.

The scent: Now the scent is like nothing i’ve ever tried before. It’s powerful but pleasing even if it rather masculine in nature. It is a unisex fragrance so I wasn’t surprised that it is quite earthy and intense. It has staying power and I found it quite overpowering at first but once it settled I found it’s scent was rich and velvety. The aquatic mandarin ensures that the fragrance does not become too dense - and even the flowery parts remain discreet.

My nose swings from the gentleman to the lady - and feels him with the brother-in-law as more harmonious. I first discovered the Penhaligon’s brand when I bought a cluster of their candles and was amazed when the mini trio filled my entire home with sumptuous scents. Their fragrances are a recent discovery for me but I’m sure this one won’t be my last. Hello friends! Today I am doing a Penhaligon’s ‘Alizarin’ Review + discuss Is Penhaligon’s a good brand? Let’s go!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment