276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Foraging Fox Beetroot Ketchup - Original Flavour

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you like beets, you'll love this. Even if you like normal ketchup and have no issues with beets, you'll enjoy this as a fun alternative.

Peel and roughly chop the banana shallots. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Peel and finely dice the ginger. Finely slice one of the chilies, removing the seeds if you wish. Or for bigger quantities, I will get out my Magimix Pro Food Processor* which has three different sized bowls for any size job. (This one was a gift for review from Magimix some years ago, but I’m a big fan and haven’t ever been paid to say so!) You will need some sort of blender, food processor or mini-chopper for this ketchup. I have a small and a large one, and use whichever is easiest for the quantity I am making. In a food processor or blender, blitz roasted beets, onion, and garlic together with remaining ingredients until smooth. Handy tip: roasting beetroot in balsamic vinegar takes this couscous salad to the next level. Bring a pop of colour to your lunch and give the recipe a go!

More Seasoning & Condiment Recipes

Transfer the ketchup to a bowl to serve and scatter over the hot, fried chilli. To store, transfer to a clean glass jar and store in the fridge. The ketchup goes wonderfully with fried and grilled meat and fish, but also with cheese and grilled vegetables. Allow to cool slightly, then rub the skins off the beets with some paper towels (or your bare hands – expect some staining!). There’s something deeply satisfying about using up every part of the vegetable. This thirty-minute wonder makes use of the whole beetroot, including the leaves. The result? A vibrant, lightly-fragrant waste-free veggie dinner! Today's recipe is one that was inspired by the Indian pavilion. There was a beet ketchup available for sale, and my husband JUMPED on it.

Next add the sugar and vinegar and enough water just to cover the veg. Bring everything to a simmer, then cook uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Take the pan off the heat, remove the bay leaves and leave to cool for a few minutes. Cook the vegetables for 6–8 minutes until beginning to soften, then add the crushed spices and cook for a further 2 minutes. This ochre, ginger and chilli spiced ketchup will darken slightly in the fridge, but you can keep it for up to a week in a jar, tightly sealed. Tip the spices into a pestle and mortar, then crush to a fine texture. Put a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat and add the oil. When it’s hot, add the rhubarb and beetroot along with the onion, garlic, bay and ginger and stir well. Cook the vegetables for 6–8 minutes until softening, then add the crushed spices and cook for a further 2 minutes. Peel the fresh beetroot and ginger and cut into very small cubes (preferably with silicone gloves). Take the tomatoes out of the tin and also dice them very small. The small cubes because the ketchup should later fit through a bottle opening without clogging, but still want a lumpy consistency like a salsa.Sometimes you crave crunch and texture from a dish. This one combines thinly sliced marinated beetroot, salty halloumi shards and toasted pistachios to create a winning, elegant vegetarian dish. In the UK, beetroot is available all year round, but it is really at its best from June to October and this is when you’re likely to see it popping up across your newsfeeds and in restaurants. Fresh vs. canned beetroot, which is best?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment