276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mercedes Benz Intense Men EDT Spray, 120ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It may not push artistic boundaries. It may not impress someone who collects middle eastern ouds. But it seems wearable Spring, Fall, & Winter, but maybe even on a mild summer night. There's nothing here that offends. The projection and sillage are moderate to strong, not over the top. The oud is a supporting player, not the focus. Even the violet is there but it's not "in your face" like Fahrenheit EDT at all. No single note really hits me. I guess I'd call it really well blended. But the combination produces a really great smelling result. Don't you just love when your expectations of a scent prove to be low compared to the actual experience which is better than ever imagined. That is what happened with Le Parfum and this fragrance hits it out of the ballpark on many fronts. Namely, composition which is far better than the Gucci Homme, Eros, 212 comparisons and in fact is touching on niche quality. Then there is price, when we see such quality at this price point, one understands why it is considered an absolute steal. Performance is good and silage is discreet enough to avoid any moments of nausea for the wearer or others in close vicinity, as happens with some sweeter evening scents. So, what makes MB le Parfum an addition to my list of favorites?. Simply put, they cleverly introduced a wonderful leather type accord in the drydown, so good in fact it might even count as my favorite drydown of all the scents I own at present. Well! I don't love it, but I like it! It's masculine, but not overly masculine; it has a decent power; it's more versatile than most oud fragrances I own, reasonably elegant and even a bit sexy. But it's not an unchallenged, radiant, three-pronged fragrance star!

The base accords are quite predictable, with some amber and vetiver in a woody / oudy frame that lasts until dry down. It is unsurprising but pleasant and almost seductive. I like this dry-down "finishing" even if it is not unique. It's a very pleasant oriental woody composition that is like a combination of some of this house's earlier work. I get some resemblance with the base of Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum and also find it contains some similarity to the sweetness of Mercedes Benz Club's Addictive Oriental and the spicyness of Infinite Spicy (the 1st and last also by perfumer Olivier Cresp). It also gets points for at least being a good performer in the longevity and projection stakes. The dynamic, deeper and more intense composition of CLUB EXTREME is characteristic for a blend of woody-oriental aromas embellished with masculine leather notes. The composition opens with bergamot, mandarin and lotus flower, illuminating delicately the warm and intense flavors of amber, leather and sandalwood in the base. The base contributes to intensity and depth, thanks to patchouli, dry wood and musk.

Recently Viewed

As the fragrance progresses, we notice a strong violet leaf aroma, which for me, forms the signature of "Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum | Mercedes-Benz" together with the oud note. The unnatural freshness of the opening is now rounded off by a more natural violet leaf freshness. Polge probably wanted to recreate the chic ambience of a luxury-class Mercedes. On the other hand, the saffron note is also quite noticeable and blends with a scent reminiscent of leather. Okay, now I understand! Polge has added powerful air conditioning and real leather seats to this "Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum | Mercedes-Benz". I just don't understand well which of the listed notes are responsible for this leather accord. I usually steer clear of car brand perfumes, because I believe most of them are mediocre. This came up high in recommendations from my AI model, and was readily available, so I decided to test. It's not just any kind of perfume. It's "Le Parfum", the apparent top-of-line model developed by Mercedes Benz. So, I imagined it to be a kind of perfume for the Mercedes S-series. Projection Time: 10 (10+ hours), 9 (8-10 hours), 8 (6-8 hours), 7 (5-6 hours), 6 (4-5 hours), 5 (2-4 hours) As a final remark: I can honestly say that I like this Mercedes a bit more than the other noses around me. This is tantamount to saying that I have some new car scent haters around me who don't really care about riding this Mercedes vehicle.

Cascalone is described as a watery + fruity synthetic molecule. And Ambergris / Ambroxan which is described as Ambery but also Salty, Warm, and Musky.This would lean more towards a fall/winter fragrance, but it could work on a cool spring day too. I get more night time vibes with it, but it's not so heavy that it won't work during the day time either. I could also see this working at the office, so long as you don't go too heavy with the sprays. Preliminary thoughts with first wearing: VERY nice. A much sweeter, smokier, and much more likeable Mercedes Benz Club, which I had and sold before. I wouldn't necessarily call this a safe blind buy, as it's not a mass appealing scent. However, if you like Mugler-type scents, specifically Pure Malt and A Men, or you like sweet/boozy type scents, give this one a try. You won't be disappointed. I say the hype is deserved. Refined and elegant, the fragrance starts off with a fizzy blend of Italian bergamot, pink pepper and cascalone. In the opening I don't get much of the top notes, save for the slightest hint of mandarin orange. I had heard about the comparisons to Mugler's Pure Malt and A Men, and I think that's spot on with what the opening smells like, a 50/50 mix between the two. The dry down is sweet and chocolatey from what I assume is the patchouli, mixed with woody and leather notes.

Enhanced by mysterious notes of violet leaves absolute, galbanum and saffron, the heart finally unveils a precious and intriguing combination of patchouli, vetiver, oud and amber gris. A fragrance with a luxurious and modern signature." This is not "very similar" to Tuscan leather; people are only saying that because TL is the most prominent sweet/fruity-leather of today, and has popularized the leather note again. These are both sweet leathers, yes, but Mercedes Parfum does not have any fruit or smoke / ash, both prominent elements of Tuscan Leather. Do not go into this expecting a clone or even a riff on the Tuscan Leather theme; god knows we have enough of those. If, however, you enjoy sweeter, more powdery oriental leathers like Cuir Ottoman and Davidoff's Leather Blend (along with the Polo Supreme Leather), you will enjoy this. Mercedes-Benz Le Parfum is signature scent worthy. It qualifies as one of the best price to value fragrances on the market. If you're a fan of the scent Oud (Agarwood) then you're in for a stellar performer. Specifically, Fragrantica has omitted the Cascalone in the top and lists Amber in the base instead of the Ambergris listed by Mercedes. That explains why the fragrance doesn't smell like the notes listed on Fragrantica.At work, my partner commented, "That's strong stuff... much too strong for me! That's a "cabaret" scent! What kind of perverted things are you up to tonight?" As for the fragrance, the first thing it made me think of was Versace Oud Noir. Not because of the scent profile but, because this is another really nice designer oud that probably won't offend many people and is very versatile with solid but not beast mode performance. Versace Oud Noir is one of my favorite designer ouds and my first impression is that this is exactly the same sort of fragrance with a different scent profile. Price: 6.5 (€ 60 for 120 ml? The juice is not worth it. You are paying for the leathery case and the Mercedes name as well. I bought my flask on sale for €45). Mercedes Benz CLUB edition from 2013 has received its successors and versions: Club Extreme and Club Fresh, which arrive in sale in 2016. Club Extreme was announced as a more intense version of the original, while Club Fresh is aimed at those who prefer lighter and refreshing fragrances. Both fragrances are signed by perfumer Olivier Cresp.

I don't get any similarity to Dior Fahrenheit other than the violet leaf. Fahrenheit is harsher and more in your face with more violet and that gasoline vibe. Mercedes Le Parfum is sweeter, smoother, and mellower with no leather. The two aren't similar at all for me. Longevity: On skin 10 (16+ hours), 9 (12-16 hours), 8 (10-12 hours), 7 (8-10 hours), 6 (6-8 hours), 5 (3-6 hours) A fragrance defined by elegance, power, and sophistication. Inspired by the iconic luxury brand, Mercedes Benz Intense is captivating scent captures the spirit of the modern man who embraces his individuality and exudes timeless class. At first sight, I had no problems with the finishing and the bodywork. Le Parfum is presented in a very nice leathery case and the bottle is solid and nice to look at, with a good cap and atomiser. As the fragrance evolves, the heart notes reveal a refined elegance. Aromatic leather and warm tobacco notes intertwine, creating a genuinely luxurious accord that speaks to the sophistication of the Mercedes Benz brand. The combination of these ingredients evokes memories of leather-clad steering wheels and the distinct allure of a high-end automobile interior.

Currently popular on idealo

Usability: 7.0 (it's not a fragrance you can use almost anywhere; there is some transactional conflict between the fresh opening and the woody base; as a result, this fragrance is neither fresh nor typically leathery oudy or woody). My wife - not an oud scent lover at all - just asked me: "Are you using another Middle Eastern oud fragrance? I'm not sure if I like it.... In any case, it's different from the other oriental stinkers you have".

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment