276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Asmodee | Survive: Escape from Atlantis! - 30th Anniversary Edition | Board Game| Ages 8+ | 2-4 Players | 45 Minutes Playing Time

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was a fun book, and I would definitely recommend if you enjoyed O’Hearn’s other books or just want an interesting MG fantasy book with some mystery/eerie vibes. The island is made up of four different "rings", with a mountain peak at the centre, a ring of mountains around it, a ring of forest around that, and finally a ring of sandy beach at the outer edge.

During this phase the island of Atlantis will continue to sink, you will need to select a tile and remove it from the board. Not knowing if a tile is a free boat or a sea serpent popping out of the water adds a layer of decision-making to each move. Yet most of this was Riley and Alfie finding dead ends and doing things that added no value to the plot. You can use your three moves in any combination, for example, you can move the same explorer three spaces, three different explorers one space each or move an explorer one space and a ship two spaces etc. If you move the ship into the same space as a whale or a sea serpent then the consequences still occur.At least, you're not going to be one of the first to land in the water and have to fight off sharks and sea monsters with your bare hands - which is futile of course and you'll die trying. I am so so so excited to find out what happens next in Riley’s life and if the island will play apart again!

There are a limited number of boats, the island shrinks each turn, there are sharks, whales and sea monsters lurking in the depths and all the while you have got to try and remember who in your team is worth saving and who is best left to drown. Non è di certo un comportamento consono a quello di padre, e d’altro canto non notiamo grande disappunto nella protagonista, che invece ha trascorso tutto il libro nel tentativo di salvarlo per poter tornare a casa.An island made up of 40 hex-tiles is slowly sinking into the ocean (as the tiles are removed from the board). He sat down on the deck beside her and scooted up to the edge until his legs were dangling over the side. Nothing is as it appears, however, and Riley and Alfie realize they must do everything they can to escape. Sea serpents can only move one space at a time, if they move into a space with a boat or a swimmer then they are completely removed from the game. As tears trickled down her cheeks, she saw the sunlight glinting off something reflective in the water.

If the ship is empty then any player can move them, however, if the ship is occupied then the player who owns the majority of the explorers is the only player that can use their actions to move the ship.People will be scrambling to get their people into the limited number of boats that sit on the island’s edge, and then, if they ‘control’ the boat (have the most people in one), they can move the boat towards one of the safe isles, too. You have to go back to 1982 to when the original Escape From Atlantis board game was first released. The best tactic I think is to remember to move not just to aid your escape but to move to hinder the other persons; move empty boats away from the island, block the escape island entrances with sea creatures (preferably sea monsters) and destroy land pieces that hinder the other players as much as possible. This action is not able to be taken on the first go but in subsequent turns this is the phase that you are able to play any special abilities that you have gained from tiles. These alternatives give you an opportunity to change up peoples tactics and make the game more replayable.

After your moves have been used, you get to remove a terrain tile (starting from the lowest beach tiles, until you eventually remove the thickest mountains). From the craggy hillsides of Edinburgh to the sunlit docks of Constantinople, from the dusty alleys of Pamplona to a windswept station in Berlin, Ticket to Ride Europe takes you on an exciting train adventure through the great cities of turn-of-the-century Europe. There were a number of things with this book that did not sit well with me and I found that it put me off.So instead of spending her spring break at home with her friends, she had to go on this stupid trip.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment