276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ikea BILLY bookcase corner comb w ext units, 136/136x28x237 cm, white

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I've been seriously concidering getting one of their glass cases to display some of my "collectibles". Of course I kept the bottom shelves kid friendly, with their books and games and boxes full of stickers and markers. BR>
I'll be replacing them with solid wood shelves when I get around to making them, but IKEA works for what it is. We nailed them in at an angle, but I supposed if you have foresight you could do this step BEFORE anchoring and then you’d have room for a hammer to nail in straight. When you paint your bookcases the same color as your wall, your shelfie styling will become the star, just like in Heather Rosie Olive’s joyful home.

The molding is glued to doors from IKEA's OXBERG line, and it's also been attached to the bookcase back for a cohesive look. This isn’t the first BILLY Bookcase built-in hack you’re going to find, but it’s the first one with a corner unit! Since 2018, she has contributed to a variety of lifestyle publications, including Apartment Therapy and Architectural Digest.She opted against the back panels though, as she wanted to have the different shade of blue on the wall behind peek through the shelves. After six weeks of planning, building, trimming, painting, sourcing… and lots of overthinking every single decision, I’m so excited to reveal the ultimate Billy bookcase hack! Other supplies/tools used not included in cost: 220 grit sandpaper; Wooster shortcut brush (my fave!

Instead, aiming for a built-in bookcase look on a budget, she used these Billys with melamine caps in between and molding on top to give the IKEA favorite a custom look. This is one of the larger walls of Billy bookcase built-ins that we've seen, and it looks beautiful. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. The dimensions for the corner unit are 94 x 94 x 89 cm and for the flat wall unit are 158 x 30 x 89 cm, it offers plenty of space without taking up too much room.

For the finishing touch he painted the bookcases in red lacquer and covered the backs with wallpaper. Die Absplitterungen sind zwar nicht drastisch - allerdings erwarte ich bei dem stolzen Preis den das kleine Regal, das auch nur aus preisgünstigen Spanplatten besteht, die man auch bei den Konkurrenten für weniger Geld erhalten könnte, dass es zumindest ohne Makel ankommt. br>
Those dimensions don't help at all - there's no way something that's meant to fit in a corner is only one width. If you're not sure what to place beside your fireplace mantel, built-ins (or a Billy bookcase built-in hack) might be the answer. You can tell by looking at the picture that the min and max widths are definitely not the same - the back and front widths probably are, but the middle of each side goes out further to mesh with the back of the wall of the corner.

BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote">

quote:
heck, at least it's got a solid back instead of that thin nail-on cardboard! They also have a slightly larger INGO cabinet, but I think the wooden frame would get in the way of the view. The dimensions for the corner unit are 94 x 94 x 179 cm and for the flat wall unit are 158 x 30 x 179 cm, it offers plenty of space without taking up too much room.I did the planning and a lot of the IKEA shelf building, but the cutting, painting, and building (so, the hard parts) were in his capable hands. Particleboard is made from recycled wood and sawmill leftovers – so wood pieces with the wrong shade, woodchips and sawdust become a resource instead of possibly being discarded. Frequent baker Kellie Malberg paired two floor-to-ceiling Billy Bookcases with a cabinet (that she uses as a coffee bar) to act as an “open” butler’s pantry, displaying all of her cake stands and pretty dishware.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment