276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Holga 135BC 35mm Bent Corners Film Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re familiar with loading 120 film, loading a Holga shouldn’t present you with any issues. If it’s your first foray away from 35mm though, like it was for me, you’ll need to read the following guide.

Now you know how to load your Holga and what to watch out for when shooting it, what kind of results can you expect if things do indeed go as planned? Before this camera, I’d never used a TLR before. Over the last year or so I’ve found that every time I use this camera my entire image making process slows down. Composing through a small-ish waist level finder is not particularly easy, so I take a lot more time to compose. This slowing down has helped me to be a lot more deliberate and thoughtful with my image making

Holga 135BC Specifications

You’ll also need to remember to wind the film on to the next exposure after each shot. The Holga won’t stop you from shooting double exposures if you don’t. You use that red film window to know how far to wind it on each time. Basically until the next number shows. I shot two types of film in the Holga as I wanted to try both monochrome and colour. Shanghai GP3 100 took care of the first, and Lomography Colour Negative 100 the second. It was when I saw the image below that I knew I had found my perfect camera for the old storefronts project. Finally! This was the style of image I wanted for these disappearing places full of character and individuality. Holga 135BC, Lomography Color Negative 400 film. The old photostore in downtown Portland, Oregon. The shutter speed of a Holga is approximately 1/100 of a second. There is the added option to put the camera in "B"; bulb setting. The bulb setting allows the shutter to stay open for as long as necessary for long exposures. This makes it possible to do night photography, getting images without a flash in low light situations or even painting with light. Both a tripod and cable release are recommended when using the Holga in the bulb setting. The Holga 135BC shoots 35mm film. Hotshoe adaptor accepts standard flash units. Besides this, there’s of course the great plastic Holga 47mm lens with it’s nice and soft touch we all like so much. The Holga 135, like his 120 sister, has these nice little icons on the lens barrel (1m/2m/6m/10m), 2 f-settings (f8 and f11), shoots at 1/100s speed and has also a “B” setting with tripod mount and a cable release thread for long exposure shooting.

Right here we have a slightly miniaturized version of the original medium format Holga. Like its older sibling, it’s got an all-plastic lens, two shutter settings, and two aperture settings. Its advance and shutter are uncoupled- meaning that you can shoot unlimited multiple exposures on the same frame. Its images are dripping with color, contrast, a slight softness, and a whole lot of soul. For that classic Holga look, with the ease of 35mm film development, this guy can’t be beat! OverviewThis can be a deciding factor between these cameras and I can personally say that one of the reasons that I love my Diana Mini is the square format - it really suits the camera and its results. So if you're looking for the square format in particular then the Diana Mini might be for you. Without this unique plastic lens the Holga would undoubtedly lose her mojo. Simple as it may be this little plastic gem is responsible for radiating the Holga’s signature, otherworldly essence.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment