276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grace

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Recorded at Hive Mind Studios in Brooklyn, NY, with the help of producer/arrangers Mike Buckley and Vincent Chiarito (both members of Charles Bradley's Extraordinaires) and crack team of a-list musicians, his upcoming album blends heavy arrangements and introspective lyrics with sophistication, leaving the listener in a blissful wash of wonderment. On 2 April 2014 it was announced that Buckley's version of "Hallelujah" would be inducted into the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry (the entire album hasn't yet been inducted). His version of Big Star's "Kanga-Roo" nails its weary grandeur, but goes overboard on the ensuing 11-minute jam session, effectively transforming it from intimidating wall of drone into a meandering, albeit unfinished and tentative giant.

The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. It has a little bit of an edginess to the sound, which may or may not be pleasing to you, but that was smoothed out a little on the ORG, which sounds better to my ears.In Buckley's case, it was a steady stream of collaborators, girls, gigs and an impressive reserve of torch songs from way back when.

Now with a massively successful US tour opening for sweet soul darlings Thee Sacred Souls behind him, 2023 is sure to be a propitious year for Daptone's newest signee. Forget Her" was also pressed on blue-colored 7" vinyl and issued with the 2004 vinyl LP reissue of Grace. I've had such fondness for this album since it's initial release, but have only ever owned it on CD, so thought it's about time I purchased a vinyl copy.

Somehow, despite an overflow of ideas-- they needed three different band setups available at all times to accommodate Buckley's various moods-- the record got done. Jeff's voice as instrument would naturally develop post-Grace through many performances and more recordings.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment