276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer 40,000: Elite Edition Starter Set

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Attention all Warhammer 40,000 fans! Get ready to go into battle like a true space soldier with the Elite Edition!

There are some big changes to gameplay, which has been completely overhauled for this edition. We started with what the fans were telling us about the game you play. I’ve actually framed a couple of these from other sets in the past (provided they’re not poked full of holes from the plastic), but this one is not quite as fancy as the ones from sets like Shadows Over Hammerhal or Blightwar. Great online store for board games. They always arrive perfectly and undamaged which is important to me. Necron Datasheet: Overlord, Skorpekh Destroyers, Necron Warriors, Canoptek Scarab Swarms Accessories At the end of the day, regardless of how you get ahold of them there’s a number of good units you’ll probably want to have on-hand for whatever army you eventually want to buy. The following is stuff that builds out to a decent core that almost any army can use effectively:

What’s Next

I had a few near breakages whilst I was assembling the Necron Warriors in particular and I had one that broken completely. This wee guy broke right at the left wrist but I amanged to patch him up. Hint: that may have happened to the author during his first game of Warhammer Fantasy Battles. Warhammer 40,000 Elite Edition Starter Set Review – Unboxing The Elite Edition Starter Set. Think of this as the “Grande” of the new starter sets. Another slight upgrade here is the transfer sheet which (unlike the Recruit Edition) has transfers for Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and the traitorous Dark Angels. Without the full weight of the war machine to call upon, Imperial commanders dispatch elite strike teams in a desperate bid to stem this endless tide of Tyranids. Taking out the synapse leaders will buy precious time for the lumbering might of mankind’s war machine to mobilise. Leading the assault are the much-improved new Space Marine Terminators. These juggernauts of death have been rescaled and resculpted to look as imposing as the lore demands. If Tyranids could feel fear… they would fear these guys.

Don’t get me wrong – the Necrons are beautiful models and they go together very well. They, too, have very minimal mould line cleanup and a very beginner-friendly range as far as painting goes. Not sure what game to buy next? Buy a premium mystery box for two to four great games to add to your collection! Buy Premium Box » They’ve broken it down well so that buying Elite + Recruit or Command + Recruit will get you a solid force on the tabletop straight away. The gaming mat included in the WH40K Recruit Edition and WH40K Elite Edition is the same shiny paper mat. It's half the size compared to the recommended gaming area size for the smallest game. It works okay with the beginner scenarios provided in the manual for the boxed set, but you'll need two gaming mats for a Combat Patrol / Incursion sized game, four gaming mats for a Strike Force sized game, and eight gaming mats for an Onslaught sized game. Every unit has new and reevaluated rules, so every army will feel new from day one of the new edition.Say goodbye to boring family game night, because with the Elite Edition, you'll have hours of fun destroying your enemies and conquering the galaxy. So, get ready to defend the Imperium or bring it to its knees, the choice is yours with the Warhammer 40,000 Elite Edition! The missions continue on in this fashion, introducing new rules by degrees so that new players are not mired in new information (which was a problem I very much had learning the game many years ago). But as an introduction to Warhammer 40,000 specifically there can be no doubt that this is where to start. He enjoys painting and collects just about every sort of miniature. But mostly Fyreslayers, Stormcast Eternals and Ancient Greeks. The Necron Warriors price is based on the old set (OOP) which had 12 Warriors and 3 Scarab Swarms. with Indomitus you get 2 sets.

The thing I care about in both sets is the models. The Assault intercessors themselves clearly have distinct poses. The Necrons are also unique when compared to their Indomits counterparts. but this time you get the Gauss Flayer Rifle Only (there’s no Gauss Reaper option unlike in the main set). After 10,000 years of war, turmoil and destruction, the Imperium of mankind is on the brink of collapse and is besieged on all fronts by Xenos filth and blasphemous traitors. The Domain of the Emperor has been split asunder by Cicatrix Maledictux, the galaxy-spanning warp storm; stripping planetary systems of all life, through plague, mutation and Daemonic hellfire raining down from the skies.

Wrap-up

It wouldn’t be a new edition of a Warhammer game without a new Starter Set, would it? Several of them, in fact. It’s been a policy of Games Workshop’s over the past few years to not only release a boxed set to mark the new edition of a game that includes and an enemy force, but also to release variants of the contents of said boxed set to suit various budgets. In this review, I’ll be diving into the Warhammer 40,000 Elite Edition Starter Set, which is – confusingly – the mid-tier variant of the new starter sets. We played the first Mission twice, introducing the Rapid Fire rule the second time so that my wife could wrap her head around it. You told us that while Warhammer 40,000 is a fun game, there are parts that are overcomplicated, and that the learning curve for new players is pretty steep. In particular, many felt there were too many stratagems and too much complexity in army selection. We’ve listened and the new edition has been simplified – but it’s not simple. So price-wise you can really see the value in these sets. On the base level the Recruit Edition looks a steal as you are getting a large number of models at quite a low value per model, just remember – Rank and File are normally the cheapest.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment