276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Faf: Through Fire

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I tried to play rugby, but I was just never as good. It was about the skill level. I was better than the guys at my age and I always just wanted to jump one or two age groups further.” Du Plessis, who hasn't officially announced his T20 retirement, but hung up his red-ball boots in February 2021 after SA's 2-0 series loss against Pakistan, told the story in his up-coming book, Faf: Through Fire,of how Cullinan treated him badly when he first spent time in the Titans' dressing room. Faf du Plessis named captain of World XI to travel to Pakistan". ESPNcricinfo . Retrieved 16 November 2021.

ODI (D/N): Sri Lanka tour of South Africa at Durban, Feb 1, 2017". ESPNcricinfo . Retrieved 28 December 2020.

I froze.”Take your bag and sit in the bath,” he continued to scold. “You don’t deserve to sit here.” Walking out to bat in Perth, du Plessis expected to be the target of the aforementioned sledging, and had not bargained for what he actually heard. We suspected that someone had been nurturing the ball too much to get it to reverse so wildly, and we watched the second Test at St George’s through binoculars, so that we could follow the ball more closely while Australia was fielding. Former Proteas captain Faf du Plessis slammed former Proteas batter, Daryll Cullinan, for treating him badly as a youngster in his soon to be released book. Faf du Plessis suffers memory loss following concussion injury in Pakistan Super League". India Today . Retrieved 23 June 2021.

However, Du Plessis clarifies that Boucher’s man-management style may have been different and incompatible with his own. At times brutally honest, this fascinating, introspective work provides a unique insight into the mind and heart of one of South Africa’s most interesting and charismatic national captains. There is the public persona . . . the tattooed, fashion-conscious, mentally tough, immensely popular and yet, at times, misunderstood Du Plessis. And then there is the authentic Faf. It took him years to connect with this side of himself but, when he did, it shaped his relationships with people and ultimately his captaincy of the Proteas. Nos joined us and started giving a generic speech: “Welcome, everyone. Everything is new and we will all need time to get used to it, but let’s make the most of this opportunity. Team selections will be difficult, but …” Fortunately, the franchise had high hopes for me: The older players started calling my name and I was included in the group as the rookie, which made me sign a rookie contract. In a matter of moments, the idol from my childhood went from hero to zero. I lost all respect and admiration for him.a b "1st Test: Sri Lanka tour of South Africa at Centurion, Dec 26-29, 2020". ESPNcricinfo . Retrieved 28 December 2020. I didn’t expect to learn this much about leadership in a sports autobiography. Faf is honest, open, vulnerable, and forthcoming in this book. He talks about how the Proteas built a culture and how he approached his role as a captain. I highlighted many passages and learnt a lot. Du Plessis does not specifically accuse Starc of anything untoward and did go on to reference both his and South Africa’s own past incidents of ball-tampering, including when he used a mint to shine the ball to make it swing in late 2016 in Australia. du Plessis has scored centuries on 10 occasions in Test, 12 occasions in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and once in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is). He scored his first century in November 2012 against Australia on his Test debut, making an unbeaten 110 runs. [69] His highest Test score came in December 2020 against Sri Lanka when he scored 199 at Centurion. [70] I froze. 'Take your bag and sit in the bath,' he continued to scold. 'You don't deserve to sit here.'"

Test: Australia tour of South Africa at Johannesburg, Mar 30 - Apr 3, 2018". ESPNcricinfo . Retrieved 28 December 2020. Faf du Plessis unveiled as RCB's new captain for IPL 2022". ESPNCricinfo . Retrieved 12 March 2022. The three things that were running from my hand into the paper were leadership, culture and relationships. Those are the three things that are the throughline of the book. The cookie is set by CasaleMedia. The cookie is used to collect information about the usage behavior for targeted advertising.Ali, Rizwan (26 October 2013). "South Africa's Faf du Plessis fined 50 per cent of match fee for ball tampering". The Independent. London . Retrieved 26 October 2013. There’s a 99.8% chance that this isn’t for you. Only 0.2% of our readers have responded to this call for action.

Du Plessis featured in three series for South Africa after relinquishing the captaincy. The disappointment he experienced at seeing a number of rituals that were instated during his captaincy no longer being followed is evident in his writing. In trademark Du Plessis humour, he describes a gathering organized by De Villiers on the eve of a Test match against England in January 2005 in which he scored 92 and 109.

In February 2021, he was signed by the Quetta Gladiators for the 2021 Pakistan Super League [34] but, in June 2021, he was ruled out of the rest of the tournament due a concussion sustained during a match [35] after colliding with teammate Mohammad Hasnain. [36] He captained the Saint Lucia Kings in the 2021 Caribbean Premier League, [37] and the Bangla Tigers in the 2021 T10 League. [38] In November 2021, he was selected to play for the Jaffna Kings following the players' draft for the 2021 Lanka Premier League. [39] a b "2nd Test: South Africa tour of Australia at Adelaide, Nov 22–26, 2012". ESPNcricinfo . Retrieved 28 December 2020. ODI: Australia tour of South Africa at Johannesburg, Oct 2, 2016". ESPNcricinfo . Retrieved 28 December 2020.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment