276°
Posted 20 hours ago

McAlpine FLEXCON2 Flexible Universal Plain Spigot Connector, White

£6.23£12.46Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What is this thing? Is there a way to utilize it? I'd like to remove it so I can use this spigot but when I try to unscrew it with a wrench it does not budge - in fact the spigot itself starts to rotate. I wasn't really able to tighten a pipe wrench to the spigot due to the available clearance & pipe width. When forming a Permavoid attenuation or storage structure, it is necessary to use the preformed Spigot Connector with weldable membrane in association with the Permavoid geomembrane. A welded joint can be made to ensure that the tank is leak free. There appears to be a rivot on the under side of the adapter but it is difficult to tell, it is somewhat rusted over. Multikwik WC connectors are supplied with a sachet of lubricant (with the exception of adjustable and rigid connectors)

Multikwik WC Connectors are manufactured from EVA ensuring it remains flexible past the point of installation - ideal for tolerating movement and WC load bearing pressures

This might be normal. Really!

It is near the location of a former hot tub so I believe it has something to do with pressure control. When I attach a hose to it and turn it on if the hose is not flowing (e.g. a closed nozzle at the end) the water leaks (more like squirts, lots of it) from this adapter, it appears to be from the holes and not the connection to the spigot or the hose. We only use high quality components, and are considered the best on the market, but people have started counterfeiting – always ensure you buy from reputable Builders and Plumbers Merchants.

The Permachannel Connector is installed where adjacent Permachannel units butt against each other to form a 40mm diameter outlet. The connector fits into the outlet from the Permachannel and allows water to be conveyed from the Permachannel into the Permavoid system. One connection unit is required per linear metre of Permachannel. If required, outlet connections can be extended using 40mm HDPE pipework. The Permavoid system includes a range of Spigot and Saddle Connectors, allowing piped connection to the Permavoid structure.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment