276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Have to Tell You Something

£5.795£11.59Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When we were at camp, Dad leaned into every adventure, even the most mundane, like lying on the picnic table looking up the stars or roasting marshmallows over the campfire. This suspense in this story is more of a gradual unfolding, but it firmly holds the reader's attention, and things get a lot more complicated before they get simpler. When the conversation turned to me, I usually told him about something I was reading or a fun fact about geography. A lot of people back then (and, sadly, some people to this day) believe that being gay is a choice and that all LGBTQ+ people deserve to be mocked, harmed, or worse.

I didn’t want to be a burden on my parents: if I needed to ask for money, I would spend a long time in my bedroom working up the courage and preparing my sales pitch as I waited for the right time to approach my parents about the upcoming field trip or the theater class that my friends were signing up for. Such wonderful reassurance that it’s okay to feel different, and that our senses of self and identity can constantly change over time. I thought I’d noticed that crime novels were getting back to being a reasonable length, but there are still some that seem to think they have to be doorstops! Bonus points for the inclusion of the word "foosthered" which I hadn't heard in ages and have been very much enjoying adding back into my lexicon! Seeing the gun cases set out on the picnic table made me nervous, and although my dad has gifted me a few guns for birthdays over the years, they remain in his safe back home.I think that Graham Norton fans would enjoy it, it had a similar vibe to how he weaves a story, although the themes are a little darker. We slept in sleeping bags on bunk beds made out of old lumber, with Dad sleeping closest to the cabin door with a gun propped up near his bed just in case a bear or wolf came too close to camp. It was always a special night when he brought home ribs; even though he’d work late on these nights, we’d stay up waiting for him to get home and grill immediately.

It always surprised me when other kids talked about getting money, or an “allowance,” from their parents for no reason.My job most evenings was to go out to the driveway and spray down the hydroseeder with the garden hose as Dad asked me about my day at school.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment