276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Finding Me: The Grammy-winning memoir

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Oprah Winfrey Oprah + Viola: A Netflix Special Event is available to watch on Netflix now. Viola’s memoir Finding Me is out now too. In this book, she had an amazing opportunity to discuss the #metoo movement more in-depth as she was one of the few to publicly raise her voice against Harvey Weinstein. She was the apt person to explain more about the movement as she is familiar with almost every piece of information and every victim related to it. She could have given a little more space for the #metoo movement in this book which would have influenced victims and every individual reading this memoir in an inspiring manner, like the impact she made with her inspiring words in the initial part of the movement. The way in which I can relate to this memoir is astounding… I had no clue that I shared so many things with Miss. Vee!

An actor’s work is to be an observer of life. My job is not to study other actors, because that is not studying life. As much as I can, I study people. If you’re my audience, it’s not my job to give you a fantasy. It is my job to give you yourself.” Finding Me is a deep reflection on my past and a promise for my future. My hope is that my story will inspire you to light up your own life with creative expression and rediscover who you were before the world put a label on you.I also love her story about her hubby, chiiiiiiile— AINT NOTHING LIKE A SOUTHERN MAN… I too, tend to lean towards them as well because they simply understand so much! This is not a diss to any other men in the world, cause #IYKYK 😘 and there it is. Capriccio: Twenty years later, Oliver works as a professor at a college in New Hampshire. He is married with children, but harbors nostalgia for the time he spent with Elio as a college student. He reunites with Elio in Italy, and they reconnect romantically. Though Sami has died, he fathered a child with Miranda, whom they named Oliver. Ms. Davis for who she was before fame is the reason I chose her as a hero. I knew this book would be important to me. Though didn’t expect this much. I mean, look at her! She’s formidable, passionate and can do any acting role that’s given to her. She’s a f’ing badass. Reading this book let's you look inside the horrible secrets of Michelle's hidden life, but also points you toward questions of your own, within your life and yourself. I found myself challenging some aspects of my own troubles (we all have them), wondering if & how I too can find the strength of character and will within myself - like Michelle so clearly manages to do despite the unthinkable portion of her life - to forgive, to find purpose, to move forward with grace and understanding as she has done.

She bravely shares so much. She wants to connect and communicate to the reader what’s it’s like to come from poverty, to live in fear, to fight for your life. She wants you to understand that even winning this fight is not enough, because what matters most is coming to terms with all you’ve been through to experience true freedom. She encourages us to face what is to heal, and takes us through what she had to face. She believes in change, saw it with her own eyes in her father. She does not color rose over childhood glasses — she saw her daddy’s drunken beatings of her mom to within an inch of her life — yet, she can love the man he becomes without punishing him for his past. One of the many takeaways for me is the understanding of just how hard it is for actors to “make it”. The stats Viola shares about the percentage of actors that make livable wages is surprising. Another huge takeaway for me was her love story and how finding “the one” changed her life forever. He healed her, loved her, supported her, empowered her, accepted all her scars. Unconditional love. I’m not one to enjoy love stories but this was a stand out part of the book that really impacted me. I feel connected to her and to all the women, of any color, of any biological nature, who fight every day for the birthright to be themselves. I now realize I forgot to add to the review. Please accept my apology. It’s a fantastic book on audio 😁)One month into Castro's sentence, he was found dead in his cell, hanging by a bed sheet. It was ruled a suicide. "What a punk! I wanted him to sit in his cell and rot away a little bit at a time for the rest of his life, just like he forced me to do. 'He couldn't even deal with one month of the torture that he put us through,'" Michelle later told Gina.

I love the relationship she shares with her mom… imma go ahead and call my mother a great love of mine because SHE JUST IS!!! 💚💚💚 thank you for helping me see this Vee. STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND RUN, RUUUNNN TO THE BOOKSTORE AND BUY THIS BOOK, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! ITS A TOPS!!! 💚💚💚 At the age of forty-seven Viola got one of her best known roles, playing Annalise Keating in the television series 'How to Get Away With Murder.' Annalise was described as a sexual, smart, vulnerable, possibly sociopathic, highly astute, criminal defense attorney. Viola writes, "The eight-year-old girl who had never been told 'You're worthy; you're beautiful' suddenly found herself as a leading lady, and a mouthpiece of all the women who looked like her."I received the audiobook via a Goodreads giveaway so firstly I have to say thank you for that. Secondly I want to thank Michelle for having the courage to share her story with the world. What happened to her, Amanda and Gina was truly horrific and I think it goes without saying that something like this should never happen to anyone, ever. Michelle has a great writing style, and her personal optimism in the face of so many different types of adversity - before, during and after her imprisonment - is absolutely inspiring. It just so happens while working with a counselor the VA assigned me we came to a point recently. Connecting my military PTSD from where it began during service of the nation to a meaning of unexpected importance. People are ignorant- when they negatively bash Hollywood actors — generalize, and lumped everything into their own assumptions. Ms. Knight is an exceptional and brave woman. The trauma that she has experienced both in Castro's 'house of horrors' and before her abduction are things that no one should ever have to go through. Her dedication and love for her son are commendable.

I'm glad Michelle allowed us to share the parts of her captivity that she could bear to share. Eleven years is an eternity when you are being systematically abused both physically and mentally. Amanda and Michelle were chained together and forcefully raped, experiencing their own pain and each other's. Michelle was starved and beaten so that she would miscarry each of her five pregnancies. Amanda had a daughter who brought a little light to utter darkness. Delusional Ariel thought that he could be a good father, take her out in public and even talked about gaining custody after the girls were freed. Then, shortly before Viola graduated high school, she was selected to go to Miami, Florida for the 'Arts Recognition and Talent Search' competition. There Viola was named a 'Promising Young Artist' which eventually led to a scholarship to Rhode Island College.For Michelle it was her son Joey that gave her the will to keep living. The day she had been kidnapped she was on her way to a court hearing about regaining custody of him. Abuse in the home by her mother’s boyfriend led to Joey being put in protective custody. Unfortunately, Michelle never made it to court, but she also never lost sight of her son. She even spoke to him as though he were there with her in the house of horrors. I gave this book a high rating, not because it was a great literary work or because it was such a good story, but because Michelle Knight was an incredible young woman. This was a horrible story and at times a very difficult book to read and yet as in the stories of Louis Zamperini (Unbroken), and Amanda Lindhout, (A House in the Sky), Michelle showed amazing fortitude, hope, courage, love and forgiveness. I would like to think I could survive great hardship if need be, yet I know at my best I couldn't come close to enduring what these people did and then live to forgive the offenders. Vision boards, journaling and meditation are all recognised as things we can all do to help make our dreams come true, but for Viola, she manifested the life partner of her dreams by using prayer. Viola began praying to God for her ideal man with traits including his physical appearance and spirituality, someone who shared her interest in going to church, and within weeks Julian Tennon stepped into her life and they’ve now been married for 20 years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment