276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Holding Up the Universe

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You know I don't care what anyone thinks, I just loved the hell out of this book! I happy cried so many times in this book. And there will probably be some *SPOILERS* I don't know, my feels right now are out of control. The ending? Nah. I don’t buy that. I wasn’t really invested in the romance, and frankly this book is more than just the romance. It doesn’t dominate the book. It doesn’t dwindle the actual message.

I issued my warning at the start of my review because I'll admit I went in hoping for another All the Bright Places, so some of my disappointment was my own unrealistic expectations. But once I gave it a fair chance, I really enjoyed Holding Up the Universe. It's a book that deserves to be read on its own merit, and although it didn't touch my heart as much as Niven's last book, it still proved Niven's tremendous talent.Libby hace varios años y siendo una niña sufrió una pérdida muy grande en su vida, lo que la llevó a comer para llenar el vacío de su corazón. Llegó a ser "La chica más gorda de América" y después de muchas terapias y de años estudiando desde la casa vuelve a la escuela. Tendrá que probar muchas veces que es mucho más que su peso. Maybe no boy will love me or want to touch me ever, even in a dark room, even after an apocalypse when all the skinny girls have been wiped off the earth by some horrible plague. Maybe one day I can be thinner than I am now and have a boyfriend who loves me, but I’ll still be a liar.” Hold that thought...now we can start. Having read All The Bright Places, I had high expectations for this. That was my first mistake. Hearing the main character struggled with self-esteem and body issues made me think I was going to relate to her. That was my second mistake. Identity and self-acceptance – The book explores the journey of the main characters as they navigate their identities, facing challenges and learning to accept themselves for who they are.

Niven’s honest writing shares a story of friendship, confidence, strength, and identity—and it’s not one to be missed." —Buzzfeed PROSOPAGNOSIA: 1. An inability to recognize the faces of familiar people, typically as a result of damage to the brain. 2. when everyone is a stranger. Niven] createstwo indelible characters and a heart-stopping romance." — Publishers Weeklystarred review It’s interesting that how little time(1~2 days) I spent devouring 84% of the book but I had a hard time(3 days) swallowing the last 16%. Although it’s not entirely a negative sign, it’s indeed something worth discussing about for me.I say, "What the hell?" My words are garbled. Jesus, I think she broke my voice box. "Why did you punch me?"

Holding Up the Universe is a story about finding courage when you feel you don't have any, and not letting anyone sway you from what you want. It's also a book about finding hope after loss and difficult times, and how to hang on to that hope in the face of adversity. But more than that, this is a book about letting people see who you really are, and admitting when you need help. Holding Up the Universe was an interesting and moving read with complex characters and a unique storyline. I listened the the audio version of this book and once I hit play, I didn’t want to stop. When I read All the Bright Places earlier this year, I had the same feeling of being hooked. I’m happy to report the author was able to pull this off not once, but twice. I've read a couple of other books about Prosopagnosia (not having the ability to recognize faces of familiar people). One was a non- fiction book. The other was a fiction- mystery-thriller story. Libby Strout – A confident and resilient teenage girl who used to be America’s heaviest teen. She is determined to live her life to the fullest after years of being confined to her house. This is a worthy addition to any young adult collection; the story is engaging and difficult to put down.”— VOYAstarred review

Follow us

Okay, wow. It's 4am. Read this book in less than a day. My heart is floating. I'm dying with feels. Holding Up the Universe . . . taps into the universal need to be understood. To be wanted. And that’s what makes it such a remarkable read.” —TeenVogue.com, “Why New Book Holding Up the Universe Is the Next The Fault in Our Stars” Also, remember, DOESN’T MATTER WHETHER YOU’RE FAIR OR DARK, SHORT OR TALL, SKINNY OR FAT, FLAWLESS OR ZITTY, OR JUST ANYWHERE IN BETWEEN - YOU ARE WANTED - DON’T EVER LET ANYONE CONVINCE YOU OTHERWISE. IT’S NOT THEIR PLACE TO JUDGE YOU, NOT YOURS TO JUDGE THEM EITHER. Gorgeously written and oh-so-deeply felt, Holding Up the Universecontains one of my favorite characters of all time! You will absolutely fall in love with Libby Strout!”—Nicola Yoon, #1 New York Timesbestselling author of Everything, Everything A] heartbreakinglove story about two funny, fragile, and wildly damaged high school kids.”— Entertainment Weekly

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment