276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Trust Me: From the author of Netflix hit THE HOLIDAY, a gripping thriller to keep you up all night

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was debating what rating to give this book and ended up choosing 3.5 stars. The book gets off to a good start but the main character got on my nerves more and more as the book progressed which made me lose interest for awhile. The ending was not entirely what I expected which is always a good thing when reading these type of stories. By the time I finished the book I felt there were more positive things about the story than negative. After a while Ellen wonders where Kathryn has gone and then at the next stop she sees her getting off the train.

Trust Me by T.M. Logan | Goodreads Trust Me by T.M. Logan | Goodreads

I listened to an audio version of this book as was already reading something else and Emma Gregory is a very good narrator. While driving home with his young son, Joe Lynch spies his wife’s Melisa’s car turn into a hotel parking lot. He makes the decision to follow her--a decision he will come to regret. What happens next results in Joe being framed for a terrible crime. As Joe fights to prove his innocence, he comes to realize his happily ever after has been built on lies. A boring game of cat and mouse ensues. Ellen is travelling home to London on the train, when a young woman with a baby sits beside her. They chat and when the woman receives a phone call she asked if Ellen will hold her baby for a minute. The woman then gets off the train and Ellen has to decide what to do next. blogtour Adventure Ancient Egypt Art History Australia Book Blogger Bookliterati Book Recommendation Book review Christmas Contemporary Fiction Crime Del Rey Doubleday Emmeline Kirby and Gregory Longdon Mystery Fantasy Festive Reads Florence Folklore Harper Collins Historical Fiction History Independently Published Italy Karen Swan Literary Fiction Magic Mantle Books Melville House Murder Mystery Myth Orenda Books Pan Macmillan Penguin Random House Psychological thriller Romance Secrets Simon and Schuster Supernatural Suspense thriller Venice Women's Fiction Zaffre Books Book title Search for: Search Search Recent CommentsWhen Joe Lynch stumbles across his wife driving into a hotel car park while she's supposed to be at work, he's intrigued enough to follow her in. Oh.. Joseph Lynch... how naive you truly were. But, then again... I feel like we've all been there at one point or another in our lives. THAT moment when you see or know something that you would kill not too and your heart and gut just drop.... you act like it's nothing and yet it continues to haunt you day by day.

Trust Me by T.M. Logan | Waterstones

A young mother (Kathryn) on a train asks a complete stranger (Ellen) to watch her baby (Mia) while she makes a phone call. (HUH?) I recently read Woman on the Edge, and I wasn't impressed with that one. When I read similar description of TRUST ME, I was hesitant. As I enjoyed this author's 29 Seconds, I decided to give this story a try and... Joe Lynch is a high school teacher happily married to wife, Mel with son, William. But Joe is so naive…I wanted him to wake up and smell the roses! Thrillers are my favourite genre of book, but this is definitely one I am going to remember. Over the last few chapters my heart was racing, my hands and legs shaking. I was on the edge of my seat desperate to find out what happened. The writing flooded my body with adrenaline and was simply amazing. I particularly loved the chapters from the perspectives of other characters. Giving insight into their thoughts and reasonings. This started off on a train, and I like these settings. They seem to remind me of Liam Neeson being a transit worker (or what is it when they are on a plane and have authority?) A marshal. That's it. I think Ellen that was minding her own business that fateful day may have needed the help of someone like the awesome Mr Neeson!I loved the protagonist Ellen, and she was a fantastic character to take on the challenge of looking after Mia and unravelling the mystery surrounding her mother Kathryn.

T.M.Logan

All in all Lies has an interesting premise, but I could never fully buy into the characters or the events of the novel. So what the reader is left with from that initial opening is having to wade through all the lies upon lies that pile up for the rest of the book. I read this one as a buddy read with Amanda over @ Devouring Books and we were both engaged as it got going but somewhere in the middle this one started to fizzle out a bit. So while I hate to say it yet again I think this is another title that just went on a bit too long in the middle focusing on one big lie and had it moved forward a bit faster it would have maintained my attention a lot better. Tim’s thrillers have sold more than two million copies in the UK and are published in translation in 22 other countries including Italy, Spain, Sweden, Portugal, France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Serbia, Greece, South Korea, Romania and the Netherlands. OH MY GOODNESS! This was a delicious rainy day read and I was completely captivated from beginning to end. Each chapter made my head spin as T.M. Logan just kept taking me deeper and deeper into a mystery that kept playing with my head. The less you know, the more enjoyable your read will be.So strap on the seatbelt and prepare yourself for a very bumpy ride. A few minutes holding her baby while the mother makes an urgent call. The weight of the child in her arms making Ellen’s heart ache for what she can never have.Why would a mother abandon her child to a stranger? Ellen is about to discover that the baby in her arms might hold the key to an unspeakable crime. And doing the right thing might just cost her everything . . .

Trust Me By T.M. Logan | Used | 9781838773779 | World of Books Trust Me By T.M. Logan | Used | 9781838773779 | World of Books

Trust me follows Ellen, after a young woman leaves a baby (Mia) with her on the train. A note asks Ellen not to tell the police or trust anyone. As the truth unfolds Ellen has to fight to keep Mia safe. Joe is beginning to feel as though his whole life is nothing more than a huge lie. The lies are piling up faster than Joe can manage. He has no idea who’s trustworthy at this point, as his own reputation and life are now at stake.

Wow. This one grabbed me. It’s a straightforward psychological thriller, no clever devices, but that doesn’t mean it’s dull or boring by any stretch. Joe sees his wife pulling into a hotel car park and follows her in. The story builds and there appear to be a whole series of lies. The tale is well told, and T.M Logan captivates with his easy writing style, but... I found the main character became more annoying as the story progressed, and the plausibility went out the window a little after halfway. This would not have been an issue had the first half not been so realistic. The overwhelming evidence against the 'misdirect' person was a giveaway as to the real culprit.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment