276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garth Marenghi's Incarcerat: Volume 2 of TERRORTOME the SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The three tales are joyously distinct this time around and Garth’s stabs at gothic horror and dream-infesting boogeymen (a priapic twist on Candyman and Freddy Krueger) are particularly fun experiences. Surprisingly an improvement over the first one – the satire is sharper and the stories are more creative, each of them working on their own terms both as a comic send-up of different horror genres and spine-chilling works of horrificata.

The authorial voice of this ridiculously incompetent man is still there and recognisable from the source material. I attended a reading from this in a large London theatre, and consumed this as an audiobook, both brought me closer to Garth.I'd highly recommend reading this in audiobook format because the acting really, really adds to the story and brings the whole thing to life hilariously.

Another brilliantly funny pastiche of 80s horror novels that also happens to be a set of three great horror stories in their own right. There, he is tested and interfered with by a team of scientific experts determined to nullify his escaping imagination. For my personal tastes I still would have leaned a little heavier on the gags from the original show that are still so quotable today. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Garth Marenghi, the renowned horror author famous for his spine-chilling works, is excited to announce a 14-date book tour starting in October 2023 for his latest novel, Incarcerat.Would it have been such a terrible idea to take any one of the mentions of the word "Blood" in this story and swap them out for; "Blood?

Doomed to survive crash after crash of the airliners his protagonist, which is now himself, pilots, Nick grapples with his emerging paranormal abilities. So don’t think of what follows as ‘spoilers,’ but as soft-edged shadows of the cyclopean nightmares within this book’s pages. AND the fact that Garth Marenghi thought it was okay to put that IN a script as an opening line is even funnier.The problem is that it's also clear from those sketches why an actual Marenghi book would be unreadable as a result. Another enjoyable romp through purple prose and ludicrous scenarios, but taking itself seriously enough as a meta literary enterprise that it succeeds on its own terms.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment