276°
Posted 20 hours ago

All the Things That Could Go Wrong

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I do know that not everyone would have the same experiences as this character in the book; everyone is different and therefore, have different associations with OCD. Alex’s OCD makes him see and feel germs everywhere, so he wears gloves in public, which often makes him a target of bullying—his private “Worry Lists” don’t seem to keep his phobias from multiplying.

all the things that could go wrong - Album by Johnny Orlando all the things that could go wrong - Album by Johnny Orlando

Whether that includes small worries, such as homework or getting enough sleep, or big worries, such as accidents, death, and other extremely dark attributes of life. It is not so much I wanted Alex to stand up for himself because truthfully I don't think it would have made much difference but he never told anyone these kids picked on him because he feared being branded a tattle-tale. When two classmates, the bully and his target, are stuck working on project together I'm sure you can guess the eventual outcome. The two boys are forced to spend time together when their moms, who are friends, decide they could each use a friend. I didn’t know he’d taken anything until we got outside and he’d give me a plastic turtle or a rubber octopus and say it was a present.Nothing has been the same since his big brother left, and he’s taking it out on the nearest and weakest target: Alex. One good quote that I highlight in this book is when Alex, in another scene when he is being bullied, looks very worried about Dan, the bully who gradually becomes his friend when he suddenly leaves school due to the stress climax he experiences losing his older brother. If you’re a worrier, you may find that you’re worried about everything that could go wrong in your day-to-day life. This means we get to know both of them individually; we know that Dan begins to feel guilty, but he doesn’t want to show Sophie and the Georges that.

All The Things That Could Go Wrong - Stewart Foster - Google All The Things That Could Go Wrong - Stewart Foster - Google

When it happens to sweet, Disney princess–like Sophie and her friend Agatha, plain of features, sour of disposition and low of self-esteem, they are both horrified to discover that they’ve been dropped not where they expect but at Evil and at Good respectively.Therefore, when you start putting the things you’re afraid of into words, it’ll be easier to talk yourself down from worrying about them so much. The last thing he wants (and the last thing Alex wants) is for “that weird kid at school” to come and mess it up for him. He struggles anyway because of his serious OCD condition, and has sworn to the bullies that he won’t tell anyone what they’re doing to him. The actual plot line of Alex helping Dan with the raft took about one third of the book to get to, however, I really felt like that first third really helped to build the characters up and their relationships with each other, and show the extent of the bullying before diving in to Alex helping with the raft. All the things that could go Wrong" has also won many school and library awards, and continues to be shortlisted.

Literacy Shed Plus - Teaching Resources Made Easy

One thing I really liked about this book was how it portrayed the bullying, and how one can feel like their trapped.Having a child with OCD mustn’t be easy and to see how the mother and father both react to Alex’s disease was fascinating to me.

all the things that could go wrong (Deluxe) - Album by Johnny all the things that could go wrong (Deluxe) - Album by Johnny

But if they flap hard enough maybe they’ll make it out of the aquarium doors, across the beach and into the sea.As work together slowly turns into mutual understanding and finally, friendship, readers also see the causes and effects of both bullying and empathy. The deluxe features three new tracks, ‘if he wanted to he would’, ‘trust her more’ and ‘hollywood sign’. That being said, I am clearly not of the age range for this book, and a lot of things did frustrate me. The stories are similar -- it's a book about the death of Edward Bloom; a man that his only son really never knew. This site is not intended to provide, and does not constitute, medical, health, legal, financial or other professional advice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment