276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stranger Things: Suspicious Minds: The First Official Novel (Stranger Things, 1)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He querido imaginármelo como un capítulo más de Stranger Things, uno de esos en los que ves el pasado de los protagonistas. Eso sí, si esperáis encontraros al resto de personajes de la serie, olvidadlo. No aparecen en ningún momento salvo durante una pequeña mención a ellos. Tampoco esperéis ninguna conexión con la serie más allá del uso de dos de sus personajes. Es una historia policiaca al uso que bien podría haber funcionado fuera del universo de la serie y con otros protagonistas. Jsem si jistá, že pokud Stranger Things milujete, z knížky budete ještě o chlup nadšenější, než já. Zatímco já si užívala skvěle popsanou atmosféru, zákulisí gangů nebo policejní práci v utajení, vy navíc mezitím zjistíte tolik Hopperovi!😁 Aún así, es un libro muy disfrutable y que os recomiendo tanto si os gusta el género como Stranger Things. Hopper siempre es bien.

Chief Jim Hopper reveals long-awaited secrets to Eleven about his old life as a police detective in New York City, confronting his past before the events of the hit show Stranger Things. Stranger Things is one of my favorite shows. Every time I received Stranger Things books or any related stuffs, I felt so excited for them. Have you heard enough about Stranger Things from your friends or seen enough about it online that you think you understand what it is about? As the novel opens, it is the first Christmas for our little found family, and Hopper is feeling a little out of his depth but still trying his hardest to be a good father to the 11-year-old girl, now called Jane “El” Hopper. Over the holidays though, El has been exploring, digging an old cardboard box simply labeled “New York” out of the basement. Full of questions, El brings the box’s contents to Hopper and asks her new dad for a story. What did he do in New York before he decided to return to his sleepy hometown of Hawkins, Indiana? And why did he leave here in the first place? How come he never talks about his past? When the opportunity arose to mold Eleven, practically from birth onwards, it’s no wonder that Brenner was able to impress greater influence upon the latter of his experimental subjects. Experiencing that moment when Brenner snatches Eleven, almost from the womb, is more powerful in the book, given that you have the full context surrounding it. Terry and her compatriots believe they have escaped Brenner’s influence and saved themselves, which serves to make that moment when Brenner reverses their “victory” all the more haunting.But behind the walls of Hawkins National Laboratory – and the piercing gaze of its director, Dr Martin Brenner – lurks a dark conspiracy. To face it, she'll need the help of her fellow test subjects, including a mysterious young girl with unexplainable powers. . . As Hopper pieces together the truth, he's forced to go undercover to infiltrate a notorious gang known as the Vipers and discover their involvement with the three murders. Mit SUSPICIOUS MINDS hat Gwenda Bond ein Prequel zur Erfolgsserie STRANGER THINGS geschrieben, in dem sie erzählt, wie Elfie dem Mad Scientist Brenner und seinem Projekt MKULTRA in die Hände gefallen ist. Good things: more fleshing-out of his life with Diane and Sara, more on Hop's motivations for going into policing, the way it anchors him post-war and gives him something to hang onto, his constant earnest drive to do the right thing, his occasional grappling with his toxic temper, his growing dynamic with his female Latina detective partner (I love platonic brotp partners dynamics!!), and their investigation into the work of a cultish serial killer. This is the Stranger Things origin story. What happened in Hawkins before season one? Look no further! Find out here!

An enjoyable section discusses how some of the details of the show are made and the incredible amount of artistry and craft that goes into each and every second of film. You'll learn to appreciate the Duffer brothers preference for hand-built sets over CGI as much as possible, a conviction true for everything from set design to the hunt for authentic props, and even the demogorgon itself.The writing in Suspicious Minds is very bad. It's very clinical, very matter-of-fact. If this wasn't in the Stranger Things world it would probably be getting fewer stars. One of the driving forces of Stranger Things is its big heart and the realistic way that the characters interact with one another. This book just doesn't have that. Also, Dr. Brenner is barely present. He was another reason why I wanted to read this book, to get in his head and find out more about him. He was an interesting character in the show, but he didn't have much time to shine. Sadly, this book doesn't give him that much time either. Nun erwarte ich, als Fan der die Vorgeschichte von diesem Charakter präsentiert bekommt, eigentlich, dass dieser Verlust eine große Thematik in dem Buch ist. Ich bin mit der Erwartung an das Buch herangegangen, dass wir erfahren, was mit seiner Tochter geschehen ist, wieso er New York verlassen hat, um einsam und alleine in Hawkings zu leben. Leider wird dieses Thema nicht einmal erwähnt. Es geht in dem Buch nicht darum, wie er seine Tochter verloren hat. Nein, es wird dem Leser einfach nur ein damaliger Fall von ihm präsentiert. Von diesem Fall erzählt er Eleven, wo wir auch schon bei etwas Positivem wären, was dieses Buch wenigstens ein bisschen mit Stranger Things verbunden hat: Die Szenen in der „Gegenwart“, in denen er mit Eleven spricht. Worlds Turned Upside Down was genuinely fantastic and easily one of the best companion books to a TV series that I have ever read, so obviously I would wholeheartedly recommend this to fans of Stranger Things. I've always found Hopper an intriguing character with a lot of potential for further exploration and development, particularly from a noir or hard-boiled perspective - and while the second official Stranger Things novel goes some ways to achieving that, it leans heavy towards a more mainstream crime focus with hints of the other worldly thrown in in an attempt to tie it with Netflix series.

Da grande, gigantesca fan della serie TV "Stranger Things" cerco di collezionare ogni documento sulla storia della sua nascita. I really enjoyed reading about Hopper's past life and it was a fast pace like you will not feel bored at all and I bet you would want to stay up all night to finish this book once you start reading it. But the world is changing, and Terry isn’t content to watch from the sidelines. When word gets around about an important government experiment in the small town of Hawkins, she signs on as a test subject for the project, codenamed MKUltra. Unmarked vans, a remote lab deep in the woods, mind-altering substances administered by tightlipped researchers . . . and a mystery the young and restless Terry is determined to uncover. As a fan of Stranger Things (I’m probably not a level-crazy fan, but I do own an Eleven Funko, several t-shirts that I wear in my weekly rotation, and I dressed my dog as a Demogorgon for Halloween), I think this book is a must-own. My only issue with this book is that it somehow felt detached from the original universe. I think that this could have easily been a completely new story about a murder case in New York City, the author just added Hopper and Eleven into the mix to connect it to the TV show. I wanted Jim to tell something more personal about his life, something more meaningful.. Eleven says she wants to know more about him and I think telling her every tiny detail about a case from the past is not really doing much in terms of "getting to know one".

How to Vote

The writing itself fails to impress. The content is there, but it could be better delivered. It reads a bit disjointed, often jumping about depending on the images and layout which makes it a bit frustrating to read cover to cover. The thread from beginning to end is not consistent, it webs rather than continue in a straight line. It was certainly readable, but more like an internet-mag article than a full book. Again, this book is not inherently designed to be read at one sitting. Instead, the creators know that this is a coffee table book for most. Something to flip through and enjoy by segments. It's the summer of 1969. The world is changing, and Terry Ives isn't content to watch from the sidelines. When word gets around about an important government experiment, she signs on as a test subject. Zum Schreibstil kann ich sagen, dass er mir gut gefallen hat. Das Buch ließ sich flüssig und schnell lesen, er hat an den richtigen Stellen die Szenen der Gegenwart eingebaut und die Nebencharaktere gut ausgearbeitet. A third body has been found and it appears that the city has a second serial killer at large. The brutal murders appear ritualistic and cards with bizarre lines are found at each scene. Diese Szenen haben mir wirklich wahnsinnig gut gefallen, weil der Charakter von Eleven perfekt rübergebracht wurde. Dieses leicht „unwissende“, aber taffes Mädchen hat er sehr gut umgesetzt und in diesen Momenten hatte ich auch das Gefühl, dass ich endlich über Jim Hopper lese und einen Roman, in dem es in irgendeiner Weise etwas mit Stranger Things zutun hat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment