276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Jewel Garden

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As we get older we realise that the days are more precious and half-moments of intense joy are more valuable than jewels. This book details him and his wife's rise through the 80s as their jewellery business takes off, their fall as the recession hits and their business falls apart; with 3 children and with huge debts they are forced to move out of London.

The Jewel Garden by Monty and Sarah Don - AbeBooks

They began designing jewelry together, and their company became wildly successful, only to have the company fall upon its own bejewelled sword when the economy went bust. Our fundamental horticultural belief is that you should never force or cajole a plant of any kind, edible or decorative, if it doesn’t want to be there. I read the whole book in under four hours and felt a great feeling of understanding and comfort by the descriptions of the changing seasons and the nature and countryside around them, towards the end it definitely feels like a piece of escapism, but an honest one. This is a used book - there is no escaping the fact it has been read by someone else and it will show signs of wear and previous use.It was a well-timed read, as I've just gotten my very first garden space and have been working hard to turn it into a beautiful spot, and I've been learning so much more about plants, so I felt like this book fed into that burgeoning knowledge well. Sarah walked over to the Aga and poured her self another cup of tea into her Wedgwood Jasper Conrad Chinoiseries teacup.

Monty Don Books — Monty Don

It’s perfect for pairing with other dark-coloured tulips, or contrasting with opposite colours, such as orange. Allium 'Purple Sensation' has deep purple globe-shaped blooms held on tall stems from late-spring to early summer. When I learned that Monty had a memoir, and that he wrote about his battle with depression, I had to read it. Monty explains how, 25 years ago, he set about transforming an “empty field” into the garden we know and love today.What began as an act of homage, almost an academic exercise, has become an important and much loved part of the garden. He’s also written numerous books on gardening, columns and more recently starred in three BBC series on European gardens—French, Italian and British (only the first two are on Netflix). The Jewel Garden is the story of the garden that bloomed from the muddy fields around the Dons' Tudor farmhouse, a perfect metaphor for the Monty and Sarah's own rise from the ashes of a spectacular commercial failure in the late '80s . Advertised as a story of "despair and redemption," yet the despair part of the book was not particularly compelling, and the second half of the book ended up becoming a simple account of how the gardens unfold throughout the seasons. However, I had a wonderful time looking them up and thinking what could parallel the experience here.

The Jewel Garden Music | The Jewel Garden

You are sane enough to know that this is odd and stupid and completely irrational…Above all, it’s exhausting. It is more than a tale of a garden - wonderful and encouraging as The Jewel Garden is but also a story of a marriage in all its unsanitised honesty.Known as the butterfly bush, Buddleja × weyriana 'Sungold' bears clusters of golden yellow flowers with a strong fragrance. I read it the first time and could recognise the signs in myself of suffereing from depression but thought "that's ok but I can't just dwell on it". He continued: “When you’re planting on the edge of a path or a lawn to soften, go right up to the edge. Spanning the globe from the Alhambra to Agra, this book depicts some of the world’s most treasured testaments to faith and love, including the most famed Islamic garden of all, the garden of the Taj Mahal.

The Jewel Garden | Charlatan | The Jewel Garden The Jewel Garden | Charlatan | The Jewel Garden

I read voraciously when i am drawn in sufficiently ad this was exactly what i needed to read over this last couple of days as i slowly realise i wish to become more and more reclusive in my life- that it suits me more than i ahve ever allowed myself to realise before.

All the clear technique and mastery and vision are kinda secondary to the fact that this album brought me calm and joy during one of the most difficult times in my life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment