276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Greenies PILL POCKETS for Cats Natural Soft Cat Treats, Chicken Flavor, 1.6 oz. Pack (45 Treats)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Do you have any stories to share about cats accepting or refusing to take medication? Do you have any solutions up your sleeve that weren’t listed here? If you’re placing the medication into a cat’s regular food meal and expecting he or she to eat the whole lot, medicine included, you might end up with your cat refusing to eat the food entirely (if he or she can smell the medicine or taste it, and doesn’t like the smell or taste). I’m a new cat owner to two very sweet 5-month-old kittens, sister and brother. Although they are both incredibly loving, they HATE getting their oral meds via syringe (sulfadimethoxine for some worms… the lady who rescued them gave it to me and I have one more week to go).

Homemade DIY Pill Pockets for Cats - CatLovesBest Homemade DIY Pill Pockets for Cats - CatLovesBest

Take a blender or a mixture, mix all three of the ingredients into it, don’t stop till 2 minutes, but make sure you don’t make a runny paste of it. You may want to first try giving your cat the pill directly into their mouth. This will involve holding them, which for some cats can cause stress. Be careful not to turn pill time into a negative experience for your cat and stop if your cat is becoming agitated. Montana native Leslie has over ten years of experience caring for cats and wants everyone to see the good in them. She knows that cats get a bad reputation sometimes, but she also knows just how loving these creatures can be. Leslie also has a passion for health, wellness, and the environment, so you can trust her to suggest products that are of the highest quality for your feline friends and the planet. Why Trust UsOr, if the medicine’s not mixed in evenly, you never know, your cat could eat around the medicine entirely. Cats are clever. Unless… You can also use some human foods to disguise your cat’s pills. Canned fish like tuna (in spring water rather than oil or brine) is a great one to use. This is because it has a strong scent and flavour – and it will be a real treat for your cat! Pill Assist™ Cat is highly palatable, covering and disguising most types of tablets or capsules, helping to disguise the taste and smell of the medication and enabling cat owners to fulfil their prescription. Administering medication with the help of Pill Assist™ Cat is a simple, three step process.

Cat a Pill - Animed Direct How to Give a Cat a Pill - Animed Direct

A great way to serve this to your cat is to put the pill in the paste and then mix it in with wet cat food. Cats are notoriously bad at drinking water. Many cats actually need encouraging to drink as much as they should.

The issue? Pretty obvious as I’m sure you all could guess – even if you hadn’t read the title of this post: these cats really don’t want to take the medication. All this led to a battle of wits, where the human (as we often do) folded and looked for a better option. Hi, I am Maria, a single mom, vet, and cat lover. At one moment in the past, I had over 20 cats at home. Living with the fur balls was my escape from the world. Things changed as I completed my degree and decided to share my educated experiences with everybody. I hope you find my bits of advice helpful. Recent Posts A better approach is to come up with something as an alternative to medications. There should be something which is more cat-friendly. Some cats adore the taste of milk and/or cheese, and while cats are lactose intolerant, some cats can have quite a bit of it before they feel any of the effects. Pill Assist™ Cat has been shown to enable 91% daily acceptance of pills in cats.* This simple to use product is specifically developed to support a positive experience for both cat and owner during medication administration.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment