276°
Posted 20 hours ago

George Michael Calendar 2023

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

After last week’s terrible revelations, Colman and Lorna forge an unexpected alliance, following the clues afforded by Aoife’s intel and Father Percy’s murder. Could it lead them to Lorna’s child? Meanwhile, the Magdalene Laundries survivors receive some shattering news, and Colman’s probe uncovers a foe within their circle. Ali Catterall Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing 9pm, BBC Two He wrote: “Dear Friends, When I saw your Calendar cover today about George Michael, ‘the reluctant pop star,’ my first reaction was he should thank the good Lord every morning when he wakes up to have all that he has., And that’ll make two of us thanking God every morning for all that we have.” What I didn't recognise, in the months or even years that followed, was just how much of a sea change GM's handling of this incident brought about. Yes, there was Stonewall, and Pride marches, but this documentary brought home to me just how liberating it was for everyone else to have such a huge star, dripping with sex appeal, publicly say "Yeah, I'm gay ... so ****ing what?" Make new memories whilst reliving old classics, this one is for the fans as we celebrate one of the greatest musicians the world has ever seen, and we say thank you!

the real deal. Own it, you’ve earned the right to be called the best George Micheal tribute in the world” A pleasantly autumnal excursion to the Longford Estate on the Hampshire Avon, where Paul and Bob reflect on “the slow-flow life” and delight in the diverse fish on offer. Roach, dace and river carp are all on the wishlist for these waters, but it’s Paul’s borrowed Porsche that gets the blood pumping. Ellen E Jones Inheritance Wars: Who Gets the Money? 9pm, Channel 5 One thing I believe this documentary clearly highlighted is the deliberate obfuscation by the press of the difference between 'in the public interest' and 'of interest to the public', using the former as an excuse for publishing what actually belongs in the latter. It's something in which the public they spout 'have a right to know' are complicit. Drug dealing may be wrong, but if people weren't buying the drugs, there would soon be no dealers! Playing all the hits, from Wham right through his glittering career, including, Wake me up, Too Funky, Father Figure, Freedom 90, Faith, Knew you were waiting, Careless Whisper and many more. Playing all the hits, from Wham! right through his glittering career, including, Wake Me Up, Too Funky, Father Figure, Freedom, Faith, Knew You Were Waiting, Careless Whisper and many more.Christopher Eccleston beautifully reads Barry Hines’s beloved 1968 novel to start this new season of fresh performances of classics. Telling the tale from a kitchen table, he relates the story of Billy Casper, a youngster growing up with his angry older brother in a deprived South Yorkshire town, who finds some hope in his training his new pet kestrel. HR The Woman in the Wall 9pm, BBC One I remember well the incident this documentary covers and, as a young (at the time!) out gay man, my revulsion at how the tabloid press was covering George Michael's (and my own!) sexuality. I'm fairly sure this was the final straw that enabled me to persuade my mum to give up buying the hateful Daily Mail. I was elated, until I found she'd switched to The Sun instead. :-( Michael would also deal with those instances with comic brilliance, and further cement his status as a cultural legend by doing so. Yet, in 1990, they were still a long way off. His comments to Calendar weren’t entirely adored though and prompted a response from the elderly Frank Sinatra, who was in his seventh decade on the planet. Displaying the unfettered grace that made him such a hero, Sinatra sent a written response to Michael, imploring him to carry on, which was published by the same newspaper. It makes for compelling reading, reflecting how Sinatra had his finger on the pulse right to the end. I wanted to be a star and I wanted people to love me … but I never really wanted to be someone else.” George Michael gets the former Wham! manager Simon Napier-Bell’s documentary treatment (after Saturday’s 27: Gone Too Soon). Contributors including his partner Kenny Goss, Jo Whiley, Stevie Wonder and Stephen Fry remember the magic of his music and the bitterness of the cost of fame. Hollie Richardson Jamie Cooks the Mediterranean 8pm, Channel 4 The 'lewd act' itself? Well, yeah, it probably is a little sordid, but GM was only doing the same thing as thousands of other gay men at the time. Several of the newspaper clippings shown presented it as being a cheap thrill for the perverted. Doing it 'for the thrill' may have been the motivation in a small minority of the cases, but not many. For most, the risk of discovery was just another thing to be scared about. What the journalists who wrote about it at the time, and spoke of it in this documentary, fail to admit is that they themselves were a primary cause. It's probably hard for those being born around the time of the incident, or after it, to imagine not having the internet or apps like Grindr through which to meet like-minded men. The fear of becoming a few column inches in the local rag, or national press if you had any level of public recognition, was enough to make the idea of openly visiting a gay bar unthinkable.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment